Apopka seeks to hire Registered Nurse who will embrace our mission to extend the healing ministry of Christ.
Conveniently located in the heart of downtown Apopka, a thriving, growing community about 20 miles northwest of Orlando; Florida Hospital Apopka is proud to deliver the foremost in service and medical technology to our neighbors; and soon opening a brand new hospital in 2017 which will feature 120 private rooms, advanced surgical suites, a diagnostic Cath Lab, and other high demand services. At Florida Hospital Apopka, our mission is to extend the healing ministry of Christ to our community by providing the most advanced care in the area within a compassionate, caring environment that places our patients first.
Our Apopka Emergency Department is based on a true interdisciplinary patient care model, with a holistic healing environment. We see approximately 120 patients a day and we work very closely together. We are proud of the team/family environment.
3/12s – 7am-7pm
The Emergency Department Registered Nurse is a registered professional nurse who is responsible for providing and supervising direct and indirect total nursing care to all age groups. Utilizes the nursing process (assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating) to achieve the goals of the nursing and emergency departments. Adheres to the Florida Hospital Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
Knowledge, Skills, Education, & Experience Required:
- One-year RN experience in ED or acceptance into Florida Hospital EDNIP program
- ENPC, TNCC (Preferred)
- CEN (Preferred)
- ED internship program (Preferred)
- Computer skills (Preferred)
- Bilingual (Preferred)
- BSN (Preferred)
- MSN (Preferred)
Licensure, Certification, or Registration Required:
- Current registration with Florida State Board of Nursing as a registered professional nurse.
- ACLS and BLS
- Demonstrates through behavior Florida Hospital’s Core Values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship and Teamwork as outlined in the organization’s Performance Excellence Program
- Performs, properly documents and reports all procedures and assessments in accordance with departmental and hospital policy.
- Completes assessments and reassessments, including pain scale, response to medication / interventions. Assesses for and intervenes when abuse or neglect suspected.
- Performs treatments and administers medications. Anticipates needs and plan of care and responds appropriately. Functions appropriately in clinical emergencies. Interprets and verifies physician’s orders correctly. Assesses and interprets data relative to patient age (all age groups) and takes appropriate action. Investigates concerns or challenges and offers suggestions for improvement / correction. Identifies patient teaching needs and utilizes opportunities for teaching. Provides thorough and concise discharge instructions.
- Supports performance improvement initiatives and Clinical Best Practice / Core measures initiatives (ACS, CAP, Brain Attack, etc.)
- Follows CDC isolation guidelines, demonstrates appropriate use of PPE, performs handwashing according to policy and enforces infection prevention and safety regulations.
- Is a customer service champion as demonstrated by AIDET, keeping patients informed, providing information and updates to patients, apologizing for waits, demonstrating caring, compassion, & concern, demonstrating a sense of urgency, advocating for pain management, and ensuring that patients can get help at any time. Performs hourly rounding on patients to keep them informed and to ensure that the patients have call bells, pillows, blankets as needed, that care givers names are on the boards (applicable campuses), and that patient and family needs are exceeded.
- May perform waived and/or non-waived Point of Care Testing. If performing non-waived Point of Care Testing, as defined in AHCA rule 59A-7.034, must have approved competency and documented proof (copy of either diploma or transcript, at the highest level of academic achievement) at the time of Florida Hospital non-waived Point of Care training.
- Performs other duties as assigned or directed to ensure the smooth operation of the department or unit.
- If you want to be a part of a team that is dedicated to delivering the highest quality in patient care, we invite you to explore the Registered Nurse opportunity with Apopka and apply online today.
- To qualify, candidate must have at least 1 year of recent related hospital unit experience
- Bonus paid in full after 12 months
- 18 month contract applies. If candidate leaves Florida Hospital prior to completion of contract, they must pay back the full sign on bonus. Transfers forfeit any unpaid amounts. Terminations will pay back the full amount
- Must live outside 50 mile radius from 601 East Rollins Dr., Orlando, FL to qualify
- Rehires that terminated within the last 12 months are not eligible for bonus
CLICK HERE TO APPLY!!!