- Expert level of knowledge of employer-sponsored health benefits issues, HSAs and ERISA, including tax-related issues
- Expert level of knowledge of regulatory environments, health care operations and compliance challenges and requirements in the health care/insurance industry.
- Effective relationship building skills, working with internal staff, member health plans, and external leaders, including regulators.
- Excellent legal writing skills, oral communication skills and strong project management skills.
- Ability to manage and resolve complex legal and regulatory matters and to clearly and effectively communicate these matters to others internally and externally as needed.
- Ability to influence key internal and external decision makers on key policy issues
- Ability to simultaneously handle multiple tasks, work efficiently and quickly, and meet deadlines under pressure.
- Manages conflicts in a professional and diplomatic demeanor.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in a healthcare, public policy and/or regulatory environment.
- Experience developing consensus, resolving conflict, establishing priorities between groups with opposing perspectives and agendas.
- Ability to effectively communicate advocacy and policy positions.
- Undergraduate degree required.
- Relevant Masters Degree (e.g., MBA, MPP, MPA) or Juris Doctorate degree from an ABA accredited law school strongly preferred.
Physical Work Activities & Conditions:
- Continuous sitting for prolonged periods more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day.
- Keyboard use of greater or equal to 50% of the workday.
Percent of Travel: 0 - 20 %
The purpose of a job description is to describe the overall function and general responsibilities of a job. Job descriptions are used in hiring and training and to provide employees with a better understanding of employer expectations. Actual job functions and duties will vary as job responsibilities and business needs require.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, disability, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or status as a protected veteran
Interested candidates must send resume, references and a cover letter that includes salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
America's Health Insurance Plans (AHIP)
ATTN: HR Dept/RAVPEH
601 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
South Building, Suite 500
Washington, DC 20004