| Passionate, driven people dedicated to making a difference in healthcare. |
SpecialtyCare sterile processing teams play a vital role in the health and well-being of our patients. By tracking and sterilizing vital surgical instruments, we reduce the risk of infection, lost instruments, incomplete trays, and surgeon frustration. Our Educators work in conjunction with the management team to ensure proper training for the sterile processing team. Our certified technicians provide the expertise, quality control, and strict regulatory compliance to keep the operating room running smoothly. Our SPM supervisors and managers are also instrumental in overseeing operations, conducting in-service training, and working with hospital administrators and staff to find and implement efficiencies that provide on-time service delivery, reduce costs, and ensure patient safety.
As the Educator you are responsible for education and quality assessments of the hospital's Sterile Processing Program according to IAHCSMM, CSBSPD and AAMI guidelines. You will work with the Supervisors and Managers to maintain consistent high standards in the training and education process of Sterile Processing Technicians to assure that the department will meet or exceed Joint Commissions/HFAP requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Assures that the standards of operation of the department comply with the standards set by regulatory agencies, such as the state Department of Health, Joint Commission and others.
• Provides a comprehensive departmental orientation to all new personnel and required training to all staff on an ongoing basis.
• Develops and implements departmental performance improvement activities and assures ongoing staff participation.
• Maintains continued education in the field of Central Sterile Processing operations and equipment through education, literature and seminars. Provides instructions and in-service in new products, procedures and equipment in a manner that will identify and prevent resource loss and maintain safety.
• Participates as an active member of hospital committees as assigned.
• Provides training and education to staff to prepare them for the national certification examinations.
• Provides instructions and in-service in new products, procedures and equipment in a manner that will identify and prevent resource loss and maintain safety.
• Performs clinical competencies to all staff members to ensure knowledge and competency in all areas of sterile processing.
• Perform quality reviews of department to assure that the standards of operation comply with the standards set by regulatory agencies, such as the state Department of Health, Joint Commission and others.