General Summary: An exempt position responsible for managing, maintaining, and analyzing accounting management information including general ledger activity through financial statements.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Prepares accurate monthly financial statements.
- Analyzes, reviews, and adjusts income and expense information as to adequacy, form, and source.
- Maintains general ledger, including preparing financial schedules and writing journal entries for such items as interest income, prepaid insurance, FICA payments, etc.
- Maintains cash schedules, inspects account status, and transfers cash as necessary to cover disbursements.
- Conducts reconciliations of balance sheet asset and liability accounts to ensure correctness. Identifies and resolves discrepancies.
- Prepares monthly general and standard journal entries, financial statements and comparative reports, account reconciliations, cost reports
- Maintains and reviews cost center and appropriation accounts, including trial balances, to verify accuracy with coding, classifying, and posting
- Prepares reports of budget expenditures, revenues, and account or fund balances.
- Supervises payroll activities and resolves payroll problems.
- Accounts Payable invoices
- Prepare Profit & Loss, balance sheets, cash flow reports
Education: Bachelor's degree in business administration, preferably in accounting.
Experience: Minimum two years of experience in professional accounting and management experience including one year in health care.
Other Requirements: None salary commensurate with exp.
Job Type: Full-time