MEDNAX has grown from a single medical practice to a trusted health solutions partner with more than 10,000 employees and a presence in 50 states. Through our family of companies, we provide:
- physician services spanning the continuum of patient care
- revenue cycle management solutions
- performance improvement consulting
We invite you to grow with us and help shape the future of health care.
The Director of Operations is responsible for all facets of practice operations and strategic business development of office-based, hospital-based and anesthesiology practices in an assigned market. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: daily practice operations, staffing, business development, marketing, and providing financial analysis and oversight. The Director of Operations works in collaboration with managers, operations team, medical directors, regional and corporate leadership and hospital and community partners to evaluate, modify and develop business processes while enhancing local practices profitability and improving daily operations.
- Work closely with regional and practice leadership to drive optimal clinical operations, excellent patient satisfaction, budget management and strategic growth initiatives.
- Plan and execute ongoing strategic initiatives and planning for all practices.
- Seek out and evaluate new growth opportunities (diversification, expansion, or creation); review and approve any candidates for acquisition.
- Responsible for evaluation of business development models.
- Partner with business integration team to successfully onboard new practices, grow existing practices and add service lines.
- Coordinate and assist the marketing department to ensure practices have market presence, proper branding and the opportunity to increase patient volume.
- Monitor practice performance; review and approve monthly financials. Coordinate monthly financial and operational reviews with Regional President, Regional Vice President and practice management and Medical Director.
- Participate in the preparation, review and approval of annual budgets.
- Analyze accounts receivable and contract performance reviews for each practice. Develop and execute action plan for progress as needed.
- Evaluate practice productivity and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Provide review and assistance of contract management of employed physicians, partnered hospitals and third-party payers.
- Coordinate effectively with the managed care team to ensure that negotiations with third party payers are handled appropriately.
- Lead physician recruiting initiatives including networking, interviewing, oversee credentialing process, contract negotiation and onboarding.
- Responsible for employee and hospital contracts at inception and renewal.
- Establish and maintain strong collaborative relationships with hospital administrations; provide annual report.
- Responsible for signing off on the annual reports (ensuring that all known, relevant information has been incorporated into the projections).
- Point of contact for practices, payers, patients or families and hospital administrators within assigned market.
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested.
Candidate must have a strong background in financial management and analysis including development of pro formas, contracting, business development and physician relations. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to negotiate and build relationships with physicians, physician groups, other healthcare professionals and hospital partners is required. Travel required primarily within market.
Education Level: BA required. CPA and/ or MBA preferred.
Experience Years: 7 + years' experience in healthcare management is required.
Experience Industry: Healthcare
Equivalent combination of relevant education and experience will be considered.
MEDNAX IS AN Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status