Join University Hospital as an Innovative Leader in Delivering World-Class Patient Care.
Nursing Director, Hospital Care Coordination
We are currently seeking a Nursing Director, Hospital Care Coordination to join our world-renowned team of healthcare leaders in ensuring patient needs are met and optimal care delivery is coordinated across the continuum.
A career at University hospital is a fast-paced and highly rewarding one, filled with excitement and unique experiences you would not see anywhere else. University Hospital ranks among the Best Hospitals in Northern New Jersey and the New York Metropolitan area, according to Best Hospitals rankings, published by U.S. News & World Report.
We practice leading medicine through integrity, compassion, and a commitment to excellence. When you join our team of outstanding multi-disciplinary professionals, you’ll have an opportunity to provide the best care for our patients while building your own world-class reputation for quality.
Nursing Director, Hospital Care Coordination Overview:
Under the leadership of the Chief Medical Officer, the primary purpose of the Nursing Director, Hospital Care Coordination is to develop, organize and direct the organization’s Care Coordination/Management Program, establish procedures, measurable goals, competencies, and clinical pathways leading to efficient use of medical resources and optimal cost-effective, quality care.
- The Nursing Director, Hospital Care Coordination will foster positive relationships with nursing, physicians and other key disciplines to facilitate effective and efficient transitions through the process of hospitalization, while meeting core measures within the appropriate level of care.
- Ensure care is delivered to patients in appropriate time frames to maximize patient flow and reimbursement.
- To promote the concept of evidence based practice and implement strategic interventions to ensure patient care meets
- national, regional and University Hospital-based quality improvement standards.
- Transition to proactive and preventative care, creating an integrated comprehensive Care Coordination/Care management infrastructure that ensures seamless transitions of care and care coordination for high risk patients.
- Rapidly identify at-risk patients.