Horizon Eye Specialists & LASIK Center, a comprehensive eye care practice located in Phoenix, AZ, seeks a highly qualified Chief Financial Officer to join their growing practice.
About the Practice
Horizon Eye Specialists and LASIK Center provides comprehensive eye care at its five state-of-the-art facilities conveniently located throughout Scottsdale and Phoenix. Since 1983, our caring and professional team has been serving residents of Arizona, utilizing advanced technologies as well as putting an emphasis on providing personal attention to our patients. The practice (www.horizonlaservision.com) has partnered with BSM Consulting (www.bsmconsulting.com) to conduct the application process.
About the Position
Reporting to the Practice Owners and Chief Operating Officer, this individual will provide overall financial leadership to the medical practice as well as its affiliated business entities. Qualified candidates must have a background and experience in medical practice finance and accounting, revenue cycle management, budgeting, physician compensation methodologies, and strategic/business planning.
For more information about this job, and to submit your confidential cover letter and resume for consideration, please apply online at
No calls or emails please.
POSITION: Chief Financial Officer
REPORTS TO: Chief Operating Office and Practice Owners
JOB SUMMARY: This individual provides overall financial leadership to Horizon Eye Specialists & LASIK Center and its affiliated business entities. The position has oversight of all practice accounting and revenue cycle management processes, as well as the development of, and adherence to, the practice’s annual budget.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- At least ten years of work experience and a college degree, preferably an MBA or CPA.
- Managerial and accounting experience within the healthcare industry, preferably in a private medical practice setting with multiple business entities or service lines.
- Previously held at least one or more of the following titles or equivalent positions: Chief Financial Officer, practice administrator, financial controller, or practicing accountant.
- Has previous experience working as a senior member of a management team.
- Develops tools and systems to provide critical financial and operational information to the Chief Operating Officer and Practice Owners and make actionable recommendations on both strategy and operations.
- Develops and utilizes predictive models and activity-based financial analyses to provide insight into the organization’s operations and business plans.
- Oversees all bookkeeping and financial reporting functions whether working with an internal bookkeeper, external accountant, or billing and collections vendors.
- Oversees and prepares timely financial reports and analysis.
- Approves all accounts payable invoices
- Administers the physician compensation model and owner distribution formula.
- Administers incentive compensation for practice employees including employed providers and opticians.
- Coordinates with the outside accounting and legal counsel to validate accurate reporting, monitor tax impact and ensure compliance with state and federal reporting requirements and tax liabilities.
- Ensures that proper accounting controls are in place to mitigate the risk of embezzlement and theft. These responsibilities include the management of inventory systems for the practice’s optical dispensary.
- Develops and maintains quality assurance guidelines, so as to ensure compliance with third-party payers.
- Negotiates and manages lease agreements for medical offices for Horizon Eye and affiliated entities.
- Directs and maintains all insurance coverage for the practice.
- Monitors the revenue cycle to facilitate a healthy turnover and maximum collections of accounts receivable.
- Communicates with the Chief Operating Officer and Practice Owners on a regular basis concerning all financial matters.
- Acts as a liaison between the practice and banking institutions and outside advisors (e.g., CPA).
- Completes due diligence and feasibility studies on new business growth such as mergers, strategic partnerships, and other practice opportunities.
- Oversees cash flow planning, investments, and asset management.
- Provides basic financial education for Practice Owners and the management team.
- Manages the practice’s pension plan.