About Adventist Health
Founded on Seventh-day Adventist health values, Adventist Health is a faith-based, not-for-profit, integrated health care delivery system headquartered in Roseville, California. We provide compassionate care in communities throughout California, Hawaii, Oregon and Washington.
- 20 hospitals with more than 2,700 beds
- More than 250 clinics and outpatient centers
- 56 rural health clinics
- 14 home care agencies and seven hospice agencies
- Four joint-venture retirement
Every individual, regardless of his/her personal beliefs, is welcome in our facilities. We are eager to partner with members of other faiths to enhance the health of the communities we serve.
We owe much of our heritage and organizational success to the Seventh-day Adventist Church, which has long been a promoter of prevention and whole person care. Inspired by our belief in the loving and healing power of Jesus Christ, we aim to bring physical, mental and spiritual health and healing to our neighbors of all faiths.
The Director of Operations (DOO) is responsible for the oversight of Adventist Health Physician Services (AHPS) clinic operations in the Ukiah and Willits markets. The Director of Operations reports directly to the Northern California Region VP of AHPS and partners closely with the AHPS and NCR CMO to ensure efficient and effective operations, per AHPS standards, through highly engaged staff and providers. The AHPS DOO also works closely with Hospitals CEO on market strategy. The DOO owns executing on the market strategy and key strategic initiatives that extend the reach of the mission of Adventist Health.
Candidates must be hands-on, capable of providing regular guidance to the leadership of the business and providing strategic direction for assigned AHPS clinic operations, as well as inspire employees to do the best work of their careers. Exercise discretion to address emerging complex issues of an expanding and/or diverse market. Promotes AHPS best practice to ensure top quartile performance in patient satisfaction, employee/provider engagement and financial metrics. Actively participates in Market Operations Councils and Practice Operations Councils.
In partnership, the DOO and Market Director/Clinic Management are responsible for:
- Ensuring Adventist Health’s culture (mission, vision and values) permeates and guides all aspects of assigned clinics.
- Building internal organizational relationships with key individuals (employed physicians, extenders, referring physicians, executives and employees) for the expressed purpose of driving organizational strategy and related goals.
- Implementing the regional strategy and related goals that support the effective and efficient delivery of quality care and financial sustainability.
- The overall performance of assigned clinics. This includes utilizing standard methods, mechanisms and systems for monitoring and evaluating business performance.
- Implementing the appropriate AHPS policies, procedures and systems to support the region’s provider retention efforts.
The DOO has distinct accountability for:
- Overseeing and directing the operations of the assigned clinics. Ensuring clinics are operated in accordance with regulatory requirements and AHPS policies and procedures. Communicates operational opportunities and best practices to the NCR VP. Ensures best practices are implemented and maintained throughout the assigned clinics.
- Working with the NCR VP, to ensure that the appropriate revenue management policies, procedures and systems are in place to allow for billing and collection effectiveness.
- Ensuring the proper utilization of regional resources.
- Implementing the appropriate staffing models throughout the assigned clinics.
- Utilizing the appropriate performance reporting structures. This includes performance scorecards, operations and financial reporting, including performance ratio analysis, and other region and/or clinic specific metrics.
- Ensuring appropriate supply chain management in accordance with AH policies. Maintaining the appropriate control over supplies. Working with the NCR VP to address any variation.
- Implementing the support systems and services needed to achieve the desired operational outcomes and are functioning optimally.
- Maintains a high level of visibility throughout the assigned clinics, ensuring an appropriate level of communication and interaction with clinic leadership (leads, supervisors and managers), employees and providers.
- Excellent at team building and motivating people. Motivates clinic leadership and physicians to perform and achieve goals. Skilled at accomplishing goals through others. Comfortable allowing the team to take credit for business accomplishments.
- In consultation with HR, oversees recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and disciplinary process for staff. When necessary, defines appropriate disciplinary action and administrates actions within AHPS policies and procedures.
- Evaluates performance, identifies opportunities for performance improvement, and defines plans for performance goal achievement as outlined within AHPS performance evaluation policies.
- Proficient at being a teacher, mentor and coach. Provides support to clinic leadership, as appropriate.
- Conducts monthly staff meetings and monthly Practice Operations Committee meetings with the assistance of the MD.
- Supports, promotes and exemplifies Adventist Heath’s mission and values.