OUR GROWTH IS CREATING PROMISING FUTURES.
Fresh and progressive opportunities are dawning for patients and health care providers throughout McHenry County due to the impressive growth of Centegra. As the second health system in Illinois to receive Magnet® status, we are adding physician practices and professional staff to meet the demand of our local communities, and creating exciting new opportunities throughout the region. If you seek a career where your professional development is a shared priority between you and your employer, we encourage you to explore a future with Centegra.PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT, PLASTIC & RECONSTRUCTIVE SURGERYCentegra Physician Care
Crystal Lake, MHenry, Huntley, Woodstock
Reporting to the medical director and the collaborating physician from Centegra Physician Care, the professional we select for this role will work as a team with our surgeon to diagnose and treat patients, and serve as a consultant and educator. Promoting collaboration among multiple disciplines to maximize cost-effectiveness and quality, this individual will specialize in the care of patients seeking plastic or reconstructive surgery. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Working directly with our surgeon to provide care to patients in the operating room, outpatient practice, and rounding on patients within the hospital.
- Performing patient histories and physical examinations on patients seeking or recovering from plastic or reconstructive surgery.
- Assisting in diagnostic testing, test interpretation, and patient follow-up.
- Maintaining competency for physician assistant privileges.
- Ordering, interpreting, and evaluating diagnostic tests to identify and assess each patient's clinical problems and surgical needs.
- Prescribing medications, including controlled substances or other forms of treatment.
- Making referrals to physicians and other healthcare providers.
- Documenting assessment, management, and education clearly, concisely, and legibly within the medical record EHR.
- Using strong communication skills to provide patients, families, and significant others with feedback regarding findings and treatment plans.
- Providing education to patients, families, and clinical support staff in the clinic and hospital.
- Precepting physician assistant students from accredited colleges.