The CEO is appointed by the Lafayette General Health Board of Trustees to serve as the Chief Executive Officer of Acadia General Hospital (AGH). The CEO carries out programs within the policies and directives of the governing board and serves as a liaison between the Medical Staff and the Board. He insures that sound management systems are coordinated to effectively carry out the mission of the organization and meet organizational goals and objectives.
Responsible to the Chairman of the Board and to the President of Lafayette General Health.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Determines organizational lines of authority and determines areas of responsibility.
- Carries out policies and directives of LGH and insures compliance.
- Insures the organization operates in a manner that complies with all salient laws, rules and regulation, including but not limited to Joint Commission accreditation standards, Medicare Conditions of Participation for Hospitals, Louisiana Department of Health and Hospitals standards, DHHS Office of Inspector General regulations, and Internal Revenue Code requirements for Tax-Exempt Entities, etc.
- Prepares monthly reports to governing board concerning various phases of AGH operation.
- Acts as liaison between the medical staff and governing board in matters of professional care and treatment of patients.
- Insures development of annual operational budgets.
- Develops hospital’s long range planning strategy.
- Recommends to the Board purchases of new equipment, additional facilities, new construction, and the purchase of property.
- Assures the incorporation of long range planning goals and objectives into AGH’s annual operational goals and objectives.
- Insures the development of a wage and salary plan that is competitive in the local community and within the state.