With a 609-licensed-bed hospital, 1100 physicians and 4500 employees, MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is one of the largest healthcare delivery networks in the Washington, DC area. We offer some of the most sophisticated treatments and technologies available, as well as the expertise of nationally respected physicians.
- Manages and directs all financial and operational aspects of the Department of Medicine with primary responsibility for ensuring that the department is managed in a fashion that optimizes financial and organizational results, including responsiveness to faculty and staff issues, assuming responsibility for preparation and compliance with approved budgets, and developing, updating and maintenance of strategic and business plans to support the academic mission of the department.
- Appropriate Master's-level degree is required (MS, MPH, MBA, MHA).
- Doctoral degree preferred.
- Minimum of 7-10 years of similar executive-level management experience in an academic health setting, preferably in a department of similar size and scope.
- Must have extensive experience in medical center finances, budget preparation and control, personnel management and information systems.
- Personal knowledge of statistical analysis and presentation.
- Must have considerable knowledge of modern management principles, practices and methods, as well as an understanding of application of automated data processing techniques to financial and operational management.
- Acknowledged leader among administrators in their chosen field.
- Must have vision of future while simultaneously attending to the day-to-day details of the operation.
- Track record of working well with physicians.
- Must have high level of confidence and skill with ability to prioritize and to make difficult decisions.
- Ability to supervise, manage and develop managers with a wide range of skills and experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrates leadership, initiative, judgement and creative ability.
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple tasks, projects and priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Competitive compensation and generous benefits
- Superb educational opportunities plus tuition assistance
- Wellness programs
- Free shuttle from Metro stations
Location, location, location!
Located in Washington, DC, MedStar Georgetown University Hospital offers an exciting lifestyle to complement a satisfying career. The DC Metro area is famous for its education and cultural venues in theater, music, museums, art galleries and restaurants. Employees live in DC, Maryland or Virginia, affording great choices in lifestyle just Metro stops away from the hospital.
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital Associates live by Our Common Purpose: We Create Caring Moments in the Spirit of Cura Personalis – Care for the Whole Person. Our Quality Standards of Safety, Compassion, Professionalism and Coordinated Care set the priorities for consistent decision making applicable to everyone in every situation.
For more information and to Express Your Interest In Less Than 60 Seconds, please visit http://www.medstargeorgetown.jobs/jobs/131603/
Equal opportunity employer.