Practice Manager - OB/GYN
Lakeland Regional Health
We invite you to apply at our globally recognized, integrated healthcare system in Central Florida. Our 849-bed Lakeland Campus is one of the largest hospitals in the state of Florida and also operates the busiest Emergency Department in the nation. If you have experience in Benefits Administration and would like to work for a great organization, this could be your next career opportunity.
- Award-Winning Workplace: Best workplace awards from Forbes, Becker's & Gallup; "Most Wired Advance" Hospital
- Technology: State-of-the-art cancer center, robotic surgery, hybrid operating rooms, and advanced rehabilitation
- Growth and Opportunity: Brand-new buildings and services added to care for women, children, cancer patients, and stroke/TBI patients
- Employee Centricity: Guided by the Quality-Caring Practice Model, relationship-centered care is at the heart of all we do.
- Care for You: Comprehensive health benefits on eligible positions, robust retirement plan, and exceptional tuition reimbursement
- Stability: 100 years of exceptional service to the community
If you are a proactive practice manager seeking to maximize your talent and experience with a highly respected healthcare organization, we have an outstanding opportunity available. Join us in this exciting role:
Practice Manager, OB/GYN
Full-Time, Mon. - Fri.
What you will do:
- Supervise daily operations of the authorization department, including planning and development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of all personnel and program activities.
- Direct a team in the evaluation of electronic medical requests to determine eligibility for services.
- Plan, develop, and support or conduct orientation and training programs and create educational materials designed to help staff improve skills, aid in professional growth and development, and ensure expertise.
- Perform quality audits and share results in a timely manner with the associate director.
- Monitor staff work assignments and make appropriate adjustments based on staffing levels, staff experience, and number of requests.
- Collaborate with staff and leadership to develop/implement performance measures and monitor results.
- Ensure that information systems provide real-time data that can be analyzed to improve workflow for efficient operations.
- Contribute to common objectives, including the improvement of cash flow by obtaining authorizations and referrals for services rendered and management of overall receivables.
- Take accountability for general departmental operations and/or organization-wide functional responsibilities within the system to support achievement of organizational priorities.
What you will need:
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, healthcare administration, or related required; master's degree preferred
- 5+ years of experience in an increasingly responsible professional role essential
- Strong leadership, coaching/ staff-development skills; a high degree of self-motivation, commitment and integrity; written/verbal communication skills; and experience with hospital and doctor's business office processes are all required
- Certifications in medical terminology and human anatomy essential
- Advanced certification from HFMA/MGMA or other related healthcare professional organization preferred
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, and think critically
Lakeland Regional Health provides everything you need to succeed professionally and personally, from education and training to exclusive perks. Enjoy:
- Zero-deductible/zero-co-pay medical coverage with LRH providers
- $5,000 educational assistance
- Vision and dental
- 401A and 403B retirement plan with employer match
- Discounts and wellness programs
- And so much more!
Email your resume with salary history and expectations to: