The Managing Director, Mental Health & Support Services, provides vision, oversight and leadership to all mental health services and maintains a strong departmental culture that is client centered, outcome-oriented, data-driven, and dedicated to continuous quality improvement. Responsible for administrative, supervisory and clinical management of behavioral health services, especially those within the OMH licensed out-patient mental health treatment programs. The Managing Director oversees coordination of seamless behavioral health, support, and prevention services, ensuring all regulations are met, services are properly documented for successful billing, and quality assurance and improvement are appropriate. This position is a member of a multi-disciplinary treatment team that helps to improve overall functioning of clients by providing and overseeing the successful development and revisions of individualized care plans addressing the continuum of behavioral health and supportive care. The Managing Director is responsible for the collaborative preparation of grant applications, program proposals, required grant program reports, budget management, and all efforts involved with obtaining and sustaining resources for GMHC. In addition, this position is an integral part of GMHC's management team, working to set agency policies, procedures, strategies and goals.
Essential Job Functions: The following duties are mandatory requirements of the job:
- Maintain primary responsibility over the clinical, fiscal, and quality management of the clinic, mental health services, hotline and buddy program, and ensure that all providers and services are in compliance with OMH, State of New York, and grant-funder rules and regulations, program policies and procedures and agency policies and procedures.
- Develop treatment modalities consistent with OMH and grant-funded regulations to ensure evidence-based, culturally competent, trauma-informed mental health disorder treatment of highest possible quality. Oversee admission and discharge process, treatment planning and case conferences for all clients being treated.
- Related to clinic services, work collaboratively with other staff to ensure an integrated service plan is in place and is supported by all staff to address the continuum of behavioral health and medical care; work with Psychiatrist to coordinate referrals, diagnostic findings, treatment interventions, and treatment plan development and review.
- Develop, implement, and monitor counseling and psycho-educational initiatives that create an accessible and available client engagement and support system. Ensure that referrals to and from agencies (linkage to, and retention in care), and collaborative efforts with other providers are maintained, thorough, and complete.
- Coordinate and collaborate with the Department of Finance as it relates to billing and fiscal management, and with the Department of Communications as it relates to media campaigns and advertisement of services.
- Regularly monitor reports, provide interventions, and collaboratively develop monitoring tools when necessary as they relate to projected deliverables, fiscal management and quality assurance and improvement. Ensure compliance with NIMRS.
- Implement and maintain Triad Management systems and tools.
Other Responsibilities: The following duties are to be performed as assigned by the supervisor:
- Develop and maintain mental health treatment program, hotline and buddy program policies and procedures; plan and implement program structure and activities; and recruit, hire, train, and supervise program staff.
- Determine program needs, priorities, and directions based on sound planning and analysis of community need.
- Oversee agency Mental Health On-Call system and provide Mental Health First Aid Training.
- Implement quality assurance activities, including chart reviews and the development and improvement of resources and policies and procedures.
- Carry out or assist with special projects and performs other related duties as assigned by supervisor.