On behalf of SUNY Upstate Medical University, MillicanSolutions, Inc. is pleased to inform you of the inception of a national search for candidates to practice in the Division of Hospital Medicine at the Upstate Golisano Children’s Hospital located in Syracuse, NY.
The Division of Hospital Medicine seeks a board certified/board eligible Pediatrician to complement the clinical and scholarly activities of the division. This is a full time position including attending responsibilities, participation in medical student and pediatric resident education, contributions to administrative responsibilities, pursuit of academic endeavors appropriate for promotion including clinical research and collaborative quality improvement initiatives.
- Nationally award-winning children’s hospital provides state-of-the art facilities and equipment that was specifically designed to provide patient and family centered care.
- Typical inpatient census of 10-15 pediatric medical patients. Hospitalist faculty members also provide general pediatric consultations on surgical and subspecialist inpatients.
- This position does not include newborn, emergency department, or intensive care coverage.
- Hospitalist coverage arranged in one week blocks with call from home that alternates with other Hospitalists when you are on service.
- Preferred candidates will have had additional hospitalist training or experience beyond completion of their pediatric residency.
The Upstate Golisano Children’s Hospital is the signature structure of the East Tower vertical expansion at University Hospital. Housed on the top two floors of the expansion, the 71-bed children’s hospital provides over 87,000 square feet of space devoted to patient and family centered care and enhances the pediatric education and research missions that are integral to the University Hospital.
The Department of Pediatrics/Upstate Golisano Children’s Hospital has 39-residents in its ACGME 5-year accredited training program. It has pioneered a number of graduate medical education initiatives and is branching into new programs such as refugee medicine and global health.
Organized into ten divisions, the Department of Pediatrics at Upstate Medical University has a long and rich history of excellence in education, clinical care, and has made highly significant contributions in research. Its physicians and staff provide clinical care to patients from a broad catchment area ranging from Pennsylvania to the Canadian border, and including over 17-counties in Upstate New York.
Having verified a firm commitment to growth and development, we can represent this opportunity as one of the top positions available today in Pediatric Hospitalist Medicine. Please contact Marcel Barbey at 682-223-5779 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to review in detail. All inquiries and referrals will remain confidential without your prior approval. SUNY Upstate Medical University is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/D/V.