At Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta, our mission is to make the kids of Georgia better today by providing outstanding medical care, and healthier tomorrow. Every day, lifesaving work happens at Children’s. From pediatric cancer treatments and organ transplants to fracture care and appendectomies, we care for our community’s children and teens. Children's is a leading pediatric hospital system, one of the largest in the country. Our mission is expansive treating more than 1,000,000 patients annually. As a not-for-profit organization, we rely on the philanthropic support of individual donors, charitable foundation and corporations.
Our Strategic Plan, Every Child Deserves Children’s, calls for us to provide access to all of the children in Georgia. Over the next 10 years we will see significant growth in all of our facilities and patient volumes throughout the Atlanta metro area.
We are currently seeking a leader to serve as the VP, Ambulatory Nursing and Physician Practices to lead our outpatient acute care operations and enable the achievement of ambulatory growth in our strategic plan.
The VP, Ambulatory Nursing and Physician Practices is responsible for providing strategic and operational leadership for the ambulatory locations across the Children’s system. This includes ensuring standards of care and clinical protocols are consistently administered, establishing and managing departmental budgets, projecting staffing levels, ensuring productivity targets are met, and providing training and career development for the ambulatory nursing staff.
This role reports to the Senior Vice President of Physician Practice Operations, with a dotted line reporting to our Chief Nursing Officer. This leader is a key partner to our over 500 ambulatory physicians and advanced practitioners, and a member of our nursing leadership team.
The VP, Ambulatory Nursing and Physician Practices manages several large scale projects, including expansion of Epic technology for ambulatory operations and expansion of caregiver protocols. This person will be instrumental in helping us launch our new Center for Advanced Pediatrics facility, currently under construction at the intersection of I-85 and North Druid Hills in Atlanta. In addition, this leader will work integrally with the nursing leadership team in the Children’s pursuit of Magnet designation.
This position offers a tremendous opportunity to lead a significant portion of Children's patient care, in an area with significant growth projections over the coming years.
- Develops and maintains exceptional relationships with physician partners in all areas of responsibility.
- Provides leadership to enable Directors to oversee operational, clinical, financial, and technical components and outcomes of their areas of responsibility through mentoring and oversight.
- Assumes accountability for the oversight of departmental budgets within the established fiscal guidelines and facilitates the monthly analysis of budget performance for areas of responsibility.
- Accountable for the development, planning, marketing, implementation, and evaluation of new programs and services within areas of responsibility.
- Develops and oversees long-range strategy and business plan for all areas of responsibility.
- Works with the Senior Vice President of Physician Practices, physician partners, and other key stakeholders to determine and achieve annual goals and objectives for Children’s Physician Group.
- Collaborates with Children’s legal department in regard to execution, maintenance, and signature authority for all contracts in areas of responsibility.
- Provides oversight for common standards and competencies for ambulatory nursing in alignment with those of the system.
- Responsible for developing and implementing ambulatory nursing clinical care model.
- Engages in the development and implementation of the Nursing Strategic Plan that is aligned with the system strategy plan.
- Promotes the highest standards of ambulatory nursing within Children’s including, but not limited to, nurse-managed clinics, telephone triage, tele-health, urgent care and primary care.
- Ensures coordination and improved integration of advanced practice providers and compliance with all medical staff and regulatory requirements.
- Collaborates with nursing leaders to provide vision, direction, leadership, and support to the ambulatory nursing staff.
- Develops ambulatory nurse leaders and support autonomy, involvement, and empowerment.
- Demonstrates knowledge, passion, and enthusiasm for professional nursing and promote the same among all members of the health care team.
- Cultivates a nursing culture in Ambulatory Services that promotes, recognizes and rewards nursing excellence, professional growth, interdisciplinary collaboration, constructive communication, flexibility, teamwork, leadership, and customer service.