Satellite Healthcare is a successful, nonprofit organization that has improved the lives of people living with kidney disease since 1973. We earn our national reputation for excellent patient care each day by offering a complete range of dialysis therapy choices, personalized clinical services, and unparalleled wellness education.
Satellite Healthcare provides expert, personalized kidney care at over 90 centers across the U.S. as well as at acute dialysis locations in California and Texas. Learn more about Satellite Healthcare at www.satellitehealth.com.
The IT Project Portfolio Director will assume the overarching responsibility for supporting organizational and IT leadership in their efforts at overseeing, managing and leveraging the entire life cycle of IT investments and initiatives to optimally achieve enterprise goals and objectives. This includes integration to strategic and annual planning activities.
The IT Project Portfolio Director helps focus leadership efforts and provide/escalate data around the organizational goal of achieving an optimized mix among the IT project investments, making the best possible use of all resources and delivering the maximum value and benefits from projects and programs within the portfolio. This position includes some aspects and ownership for identifying, prioritizing, and coordinating project and program resources engaged with all or many of the initiatives within the IT project portfolio. The IT Project Portfolio Director is a primary source and resource to the CIO, IT Steering Committee and senior executive engagement for communications and reporting the state and performance to expectations for the initiatives within the IT project portfolio.
The essential functions listed are not a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned. All employees must work in accordance with Satellite's I-CARE Standards.
- On behalf of CIO, Satellite Strategic Business Investment/Innovation Councils, and IT Steering Committee, ensure the adherence to the appropriate governance functions relating to the portfolio and in accordance with enterprise guidelines, policies and practices
- Facilitate and coordinate the efforts of the senior leadership toward the establishment of the project portfolio definition, its structure and processes, from demand management and strategic alignment of projects and programs; to portfolio categories and criteria; through assessment, selection and prioritization; sequencing and allocation, to execution, tracking and measuring the achieved results
- Engage with and conduct regular reviews with senior business, IT management, executives, stakeholder committees, the IT steering committee and other relevant bodies to validate and assess the project portfolio, execute change, and reprioritize to meet business needs as required
- Conduct regular meetings with senior executives to inform and alert them of any issues arising from the performance of the individual projects within the portfolio to assure the on-plan usage and consumption of resources and funding, and to highlight any variances
- Facilitate independent reviews of any significant initiatives, projects or programs that are challenged and provide recommendations as to whether it should continue, be significantly changed, placed on hold or discontinued
- Ensure the oversight and coordination of dependencies across the projects and programs in the portfolio, and resolve or escalate conflicts
- As mandated and resourced by leadership, monitor and balance the availability of the required skills and competencies across project and program teams within the project portfolio
- Direct the development and maintenance of communications and reporting around the IT project portfolios, their contents and the individual performance of initiatives to stakeholder and/or governance boards, the IT steering committee, and senior executives
- Plan/Direct the creation and maintenance of the required project portfolio documentation and artifacts; includes documentation and maintenance of IT department release and resource capacity plans
- Support and advise executives on actions required to balance the portfolio of existing assets and services
- Responsible for driving the Satellite Healthcare culture through values and customer service standards
- Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external and internal customers
- Develops and maintains effective relationships through effective and timely communication
- Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely manner