Purpose Statement / Position Summary
This position is responsible for coordinating and providing patient care in a safe and effective manner. Additional responsibilities include directing unlicensed employee activity, synthesizing patient information, assessment of patients, planning of care/intervention, and teaching of patients/family, implementation of treatment plan/MD orders, documentation and evaluation. Integration of patient care standards is incorporated into all clinical activities.
Position requires the full understanding thru active participation in fulfilling the Saddleback Memorial Medical Center (SMMC) Mission and iABC’s core values. Employee understands and supports the organizations Strategic Plan, Lean Initiatives for Continuous Performance Improvement, Patient Safety, and Patient Centered Care.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the Job
1. Assesses health care needs. A data collection process that is systematic, includes psychosocial, cultural, spiritual, and other factors and is on-going, determined by the patient’s immediate condition or needs, and involves the patient, family, significant others, and health care providers when appropriate. Analyzes the assessment data in determining diagnosis and plan of care.
2. Develops and contributes to a written plan of care to meet patient’s subtle as well as obvious nursing needs.
3. Implements the plan of care to attain expected outcomes.
4. Evaluates the patient’s outcomes. Evaluation is systematic and on-going, is determined by the patient’s responses to the interventions, which are documented in the medical record.
5. Systematically evaluates the quality and effectiveness of nursing practice and considers factors related to safety, effectiveness and cost in planning and delivering patient care as a professional work responsibility.
6. Identifies, develops and implements an action plan for self-development/professional growth
7. Identifies subtle as well as obvious patient problems and reports to an appropriate resource person.
8. Addresses the age specific needs of all populations served: adolescent, adult, and geriatric.
9. Ability to be at work and be on time.
10. Ability to follow company policies, procedures, and directives.
11. Ability to interact in a positive and constructive manner.
12. Ability to prioritize and multitask.