Quality Care Our Heroes DeserveNow is the time to take your career to the next level and become part of the high-caliber talent that is VA. Experience what 300,000 current VA employees already have state-of-the art practice settings, access to the latest technology, a multi-disciplinary team environment and the opportunity to provide the men and women who have bravely served this country with the finest patient care, benefits and customer satisfaction. And with VA Patient Satisfaction Scores leading the healthcare industry, youll be joining one of the most respected facilities in the Nation.
Washington D.C. VA Medical Center Seeks
1 license/50 States- 49 days paid time off annually!
As a VA Psychologist your opportunities are endless! Located in the nation's capital, only a short distance from the historic buildings that house today's leaders and commemorate yesterdays, the Washington DC Veterans Affairs Medical Center is one of the most visible and dynamic facilities in the VA system.
This opportunity allows you to supervise or directly coordinate responses to consultation requests for neuropsychological evaluations. Ensure the correct administration, scoring and interpretation of psychological and neuropsychological measures and the presentation of this data in a narrative report to the referring entity. Cognitive rehabilitation and other psychological interventions to bolster functioning may be a part of the responsibilities of this neuropsychologist position. If licensed the psychologist supervises Post-Doctoral Fellows, interns and practicum students interested in specialized training in neuropsychological assessment and therapeutic work with individuals with a wide variety of cognitive difficulties and other neurologically mediated symptoms and difficulties. Work volume: May see 1 or 2 patients per day, mainly performing supervision. Work schedule: M- F, 8 4:30 but have flexibility.
- U.S. citizen
- Full, current, and unrestricted license to practice psychology at the doctoral level in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or the District of Columbia.
Exception- Non-licensed applicants who otherwise meet the eligibility requirements may be given a temporary appointment as a "graduate psychologist" at the GS-11 or GS-12 grade.
- Doctorate in Psychology from either: (a) a graduate program in psychology accredited by either the APA (in either clinical or counseling psychology) , or the Psychological Clinical Science Accreditation System (PCSAS) (in psychological clinical science), or the Canadian Psychological Association (in clinical or counseling psychology or clinical neuropsychology) at the time the program was completed. OR (b) Have a doctoral degree in any area of psychology and, in addition, successfully complete a respecialization program (including documentation of an approved internship completed as part of the respecialization program) meeting both of the following conditions: (i) the respecialization program must be completed in an APA
or a CPA accredited doctoral program.
Seeking at least two years of experience in neuropsychology or just coming out of a post doctorate program (Available April or May 2017).
- 26 days paid annual vacation/personal leave per year
- 10 paid Federal holidays
- 13 days of wellness leave each year with no limit on accumulation
- Liability Protection
- Life, health, long term care insurance and retirement benefits
Interested: Please forward your C.V. to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Become a VA Psychologist and be a key member in the health team as you facilitate and enhance positive patient care outcomes. Enjoy an environment that supports an interdisciplinary care team approach that delivers state-of-the-art medicine using some of the most advanced medical techniques and technologies in the Nation. All of this makes the Washington D.C. VA Medical Center a first rate facility that truly deserves the great reputation it has earned.
Mental Health Careers at VAhttps://www.vacareers.va.gov/careers/mental-health/index.asp
Bring your expertise to VA and be valued as part of a team that is recognized and respected for significant contributions to medicine. Youâ??ll enjoy a patient-focused environment, terrific benefits and incentives, and the ability to practice at any VA facility in the country.
Equal Opportunity Employer