Learn About Working at Cardiovascular Institute of the South by Clicking Here.
Location in Organization
The EVP of Cardiovascular Services is a senior corporate position, the office of which is located in CIS Houma Corporate Office and reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer for all matters, including job duties, performance evaluations, approval of leave, and other assignments as deemed necessary by the Chief Executive Officer, or the Chief Compliance Officer for the benefit of CIS.
General Nature of Duties
This person’s primary responsibility will be the strategic leadership of operations related to the growth and success of CIS as they relate to CIS hospital operations and diagnostic services. The EVP of Cardiovascular Services will have overall management and direction of the CIS Diagnostic Team Leaders and the Director of Hospital Operations to assure delivery of high quality and efficient patient care. The EVP of Cardiovascular Services will participate in strategic planning and evaluation of new potential hospital partners. The ongoing review of data as it relates to hospital contract performance is critical to the role. Presentation to cardiology committees at CIS partner hospitals is required in order to assure that CIS is meeting objectives as committed to in CIS co-management agreements. In addition, the development of strategic initiatives related to growth of services and overall operations will be a critical component of the role. This person shall reflect the CIS mission of delivering high quality care in all decisions and instructions to staff regarding patient care in the clinic and hospital environment. The EVP of Cardiovascular Services is responsible for the coaching and management of staff members involved in the Cath Lab and the Diagnostic Imaging of patients and must remain active in recruitment and retention efforts of technologist and nursing personnel. The managerial responsibilities of the EVP of Cardiovascular Services will include participation in the ongoing development, growth, and quality improvement of CIS. Key to the success of this role will be staff training related to the establishment of new practices and/or hospital management arrangements in and out of the Louisiana. The EVP of Cardiovascular Services will travel to other locations in and out of Louisiana on a regular basis to insure that CIS is meeting or exceeding hospital partner expectations.
- The EVP of Cardiovascular Services is responsible for the overall management, supervision and quality of the imaging activities across CIS. This person must work cooperatively with all other team leaders to coordinate staffing of technologists to insure continued staff education and quality patient care.
- The EVP of Cardiovascular Services will work closely with all of the physicians/providers, office team leaders, and staff to assure adequate staffing and efficient high quality patient care. This person must communicate effectively with the physicians/providers for the delivery of efficient patient care while assuring quality imaging and cath lab services and appropriate scheduling of patients.
- The EVP of Cardiovascular Services shall be responsible for monitoring quality initiatives in all CIS locations including patient satisfaction and pay for performance metrics.
- The EVP of Cardiovascular Services shall interface with all hospital partners and assist in making sure CIS adheres to core measures and other pay for performance initiatives.
- The EVP of Cardiovascular Services is responsible to manage the processes that relate to patient care and will work closely and cooperatively with the office team leaders in each clinic. This person is responsible to seek opportunities for improved patient care and improved efficiencies in the care delivery on an ongoing basis.
- The EVP of Cardiovascular Services is responsible for assuring appropriate medical record documentation and for the ongoing electronic medical record efforts by the imaging and cath lab staff. The EVP of Cardiovascular Services is charged with contributing to the ongoing development of an enterprise wide EHR as it relates to clinical services and will be required to participate in the training of staff in the use of the EHR.
- The EVP of Cardiovascular Services is responsible for the supervision, training and instructions of the imaging and cath lab staff and will oversee the daily efforts and assist as necessary. This person will promote continued education efforts for the diagnostic and cath lab staff.
- The EVP of Cardiovascular Services is responsible for advising administration relative to the pay structure for the technical staff of CIS and assuring that all technical personnel are at an acceptable pay range and, in addition, must ensure that CIS technical compensation is compared at least annually with an external, independent salary database.
- The EVP of Cardiovascular Services shall ensure that all clinics are adequately staffed by trained imaging staff and the staffing levels are within the budgeted parameters set annually during the budget process. This position shall also provide necessary input into the budget process as it relates to the staffing needs of the clinics and hospital programs in the next fiscal period.
- The EVP of Cardiovascular Services must assure that the imaging and cath lab staff adheres to all compliance rules and regulations including HIPAA privacy and security.
- The EVP of Cardiovascular Services shall follow the policies and procedures set by the Board of Directors, Chief Executive Officer, Chief Operating Officer and/or Chief Compliance Officer.
- The EVP of Cardiovascular Services will actively participate in the analysis of potential hospital partners, strategic growth initiatives, and the staffing needs of CIS and it partner hospitals. This will include recruiting, orienting, and training clinical team members of the CIS partner practices and hospitals.
- The EVP of Cardiovascular Services will serve as a resource for CIS and partner practice managers by being available by telephone, email, and on-site as needed.
- The EVP of Cardiovascular Services performs other related duties as assigned and serves in whatever other capacity deemed necessary for successful completion of the mission and goals of CIS and in concordance with its patient philosophy.