This position is focused on supporting the healingSPACE Program at YWCA Bergen County – the only Sexual Violence Resource Center of its kind in the county. healingSPACE is a safe and welcoming place for survivors of sexual assault/abuse, their families and friends. Our 24/7 crisis intervention hotline provides free and confidential telephonic assistance and trained advocates provide immediate in-person or telephonic crisis support and are also available for medical and legal accompaniments for survivors. healingSPACE offers support groups, volunteer training and educational programs for schools and businesses and sponsors activities to raise community awareness about sexual violence.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required to perform this job, the rather describes the essential functions/responsibilities of the job. Other duties may be assigned as required.
• Oversees and supports the implementation of sexual assault prevention and support programs to meet the needs of the community and YWCA priorities.
• Develops written objectives, work plans and performance standards for self and staff, (with assistance from immediate supervisor) to guide the work of healingSPACE.
• Ensures that careful records are kept of all services delivered through healingSPACE that client files are accurate and appropriately maintained on the industry standard data base (Alice/Apricot) and that confidentiality is maintained.
• Oversees training, educational and self-care services for staff
• Responsible for ensuring that the program meets all legal, local and state requirements.
• Helps to ensure that healingSPACE services are coordinated with those of other service providers county-wide.
• Oversees the budget process for healingSPACE, develops forecasts throughout the year and monitors revenues and expenses in partnership with the Finance Department
• Develop and manage program business plan to generate program expansion both in services to the community and private funding sources
• Works collaboratively with the YWCA grant writer to develop funding proposals to raise the funds necessary to for the healingSPACE budget
• Evaluates program by measuring impact and progress toward objectives
• Prepares statistical and other reports as required by funders and the YWCA
• Furnishes and prepares materials for flyers, brochures, news releases, etc. following YWCA procedures in coordination with the Communications department and Clinical Supervisor
• Oversees the current inventory of program equipment and materials
• Provides effective healingSPACE Program communication up the YWCA management structure and provides effective communication to healingSPACE staff regarding YWCA administrative and operational matters
Supervision of staff and volunteers
• Recruits, hires and trains and manages healingSPACE staff and volunteers in accordance with guidelines established in the YWCA Personnel Policies and healingSPACE operational guidelines.
• Oversees community education, and speaking engagements using staff and volunteers.
• Assigns, supervises and develops staff using one-on-one meetings, regularly scheduled staff meetings and work plans.
• Plans for the involvement of volunteers in healingSPACE services, and supports the development of effective committees within healingSPACE.
• Ensures that personnel files for the program are properly maintained and kept confidential
• Establish and manage performance management process for all program staff in accordance and alignment with HR and YWCA leadership defined processes.
• Develop and manage a quality control program to ensure that all healingSPACE activities and services are evaluated and revised as necessary to meet the needs of the community
• Ensures delivery of community education programs.
• Develops and maintains positive relationships with collaborative partners in the community to ensure coordinated service delivery to sexual assault survivors, including the Prosecutor’s Office, medical providers, and other mental health service providers.
• Represent the YWCA and healingSPACE on community task-forces such as NJCASA, and SART Advisory Board and other related groups.
Oversight of All Services Delivered by the healingSPACE
• Coordinate and collaborate with Clinical Supervisor to ensure quality and sustainability of all program services
• Participates in YWCA senior management team meetings.
• Responsible for representing healingSPACE at YWCA events and meetings.
• Participates on YWCA task forces as necessary.
• Responsible for other tasks as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work. Master’s Degree in Social Work preferred.
• 5+ years’ administrative and supervisory experience
• 40+ hours of sexual violence graining preferred or should be completed within 90 days of hire.
• Bilingual or Multi Lingual a plus
• Extensive knowledge of sexual violence, trauma, systems of oppression and cultural competency
• Strong analytical skills with demonstrated ability to apply process improvement approach to problem solving
• Ability to create and act with credibility with key leadership and employee populations
• Ability to balance competing priorities and to adapt to changing environment
Skills and Abilities:
• Strong public speaking skills
• Outreach skills
• Ability to multitask and prioritize workload
• Demonstrate strong commitment to social justice
• Strong technical skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills with an emphasis on empathy when interacting with people
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong analytical and mathematical abilities
• Ability to participate in YWCA and healingSPACE events as needed
Physical Requirements: N/A
Travel, (If applicable) Must be willing to travel within Bergen County, Trenton and other areas in NJ as needed
- Behave ethically: Understand ethical behavior and business practices, and ensure that own behavior and the behavior of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization.
- Build relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization.
- Communicate effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Creativity/innovation: Develop new and unique ways to improve operations of the organization and create new opportunities.
- Focus on Client needs: Anticipate, understand and respond to the needs of internal and external clients to meet or exceed their expectations within the organizational parameters.
- Foster teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Lead: Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
- Make decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
- Organize: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information and activities.
- Plan: Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement action plans and evaluate the process and results.
- Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
The intent of this job description is to describe the central functions of the work being performed by each incumbent assigned to the job. The job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required by each incumbent.
Additional Comments (If applicable)
Must embrace the mission and values of the YWCA, have a strong customer focus, and the ability to work with a multi-generational, diverse workforce and membership.