About the Position
Thomas Eye Group seeks an Executive Director who will work closely with our physician leadership team to assist in leading our practice into the future. The successful candidate will have:
- A high degree of experience in leading and managing the operations of large medical groups.
- An ability to analyze complex issues, develop creative solutions, employ consensus building skills, and form effective working relationships with our highly engaged board and management team.
- A strong financial background including budgeting, financial analysis, and feasibility studies, as well as transactional work including mergers and acquisitions.
- The ability to facilitate and lead an effective strategic planning process. This will require a disciplined and focused attention to improving overall efficiency without compromising the quality and integrity of patient care.
- Knowledge of current health care compliance reporting, including MIPS, PQRS, and MU.
- Experience in ophthalmology and ambulatory surgical centers (highly desirable).
The practice has partnered with BSM Consulting (www.bsmconsulting.com) to conduct the application process.
To submit your CONFIDENTIAL cover letter and resume, please visit the BSM Career Center at:
About the Practice
Founded in 1974, Thomas Eye Group (www.thomaseye.com) serves the greater Atlanta community by providing eye care services to patients ranging in age from infants to seniors. Thomas Eye Group is a full service eye care provider with seven offices in Georgia providing routine eye exams, glasses, contact lenses, LASIK, as well as medical, surgical and cosmetic services. The locations include Hillandale, Lilburn, Newnan, Roswell, Sandy Springs, Suwanee, and Woodstock. Led by Dr. Paul Kaufman, the practice offers a high functioning and collaborative work environment. In fact, Thomas Eye Group was selected as a “Top 150 Workplace” in both 2015 and 2016 by The Atlanta Journal – Constitution, and has been awarded the Consumer’s Choice Award for 10 consecutive years.
About the Area
With a population of over 5 million people, the Atlanta metropolitan area is steeped in American history, modern culture, and cosmopolitan lifestyle. As a national center for the arts, Atlanta is home to such permanent, professional, resident companies as the Atlanta Opera, the Atlanta Ballet, and the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra. From the Atlanta Cyclorama & Civil War Museum, to the largest indoor aquarium in the world, the city has much to offer in terms of entertainment attractions for the whole family. Sports enthusiasts enjoy that the city offers a MLB team (Atlanta Braves), NBA team (Atlanta Hawks), and NFL team (Atlanta Falcons). With only 43 freezing days a year, golf enthusiasts can enjoy many months on the course, as well as the final PGA Tour event of the season, which is played annually at East Lake Golf Club. Due to the more than 30 colleges and universities in Atlanta, it is considered a center for higher education. Served by over 110 public, charter, and private schools, Atlanta is a great place to raise a family.