The Program Manager assumes full responsibility for the development, design, and implementation of educational forums, webinars, virtual conference, and in-person conferences focused on the health care industry and efforts to improve the health care delivery system. Educational programs will focus on a range of issues associated with health care reform implementation, operations and technology issues, and health policy. Knowledge and understanding of health insurance, knowledge of health care reform /ACA or health care delivery system issues is beneficial. Experience and interest in exploring virtual conferences and new mediums for delivering conferences is also beneficial.
The position requires incumbent to manage all phases of educational program development including research and analysis of topic areas, needs assessment, content development, faculty recruitment, writing and production of promotional materials, budget management, and supervision of all on-site logistics. The position requires professional collaborative skill in dealing with all levels of health insurance professionals, Federal and State government officials, academicians and advocacy groups as well as other AHIP department senior staff to develop program objectives. The incumbent will be required to develop a wide range of educational programs utilizing various mediums including on-site conferences, online/web-based training, virtual conference, and social media. In addition, the incumbent will be required to develop educational conferences and products that support the Association's efforts in membership and other program areas.
Adherence to deadlines is crucial to meet the annual calendar production schedule of conferences and forums sponsored by AHIP. Project management skills are required and critical in all phases of conference production from initial planning to implementation.
The incumbent is expected to perform the following specific job responsibilities at a high level:
1. Conduct research and analysis to determine conference/forum/webinar objectives and content.
- Analyzes health care industry marketplace and industry trends.
- Researches topic areas using research tools to obtain new and improved programming information.
- Consults regularly with AHIP senior staff and Association members to ensure that the industry issues are properly represented by educational programs and forums.
- Identifies new informational resources and applies new information to educational programs in ways that are conducive to adult learning.
- With staff and member groups, determines objectives for educational forums and designs program content to meet objectives.
2. Manage planning process from confirming Faculty through successful completion of conference.
- Interviews potential faculty, determines subject knowledge and assesses qualifications.
- Gains commitment for participation.
- Directs presentation format and coordinates co-presentations. Coordinates conference calls with all faculty and planning bodies.
- Guides faculty regarding content, learning objectives, format and focus of presentation.
- Provides written information on overall direction of education programs/conferences/forums for marketing materials and website promotion.
- Evaluates presentation ability and relevancy of presentation to educational objectives.
- Monitors financials including travel reimbursement and speaker and vendor contracts to ensure budget targets are met.
- Coordinates post-conference activities including faculty thank you letters, travel reimbursement, and post-conference messaging to attendees.
3. Writing promotional content for individual conferences and programs.
- Writes and edits copy for promotional material for individual conferences—print and online information.
- Prepares updates for conference websites and ensures accuracy of information.
- Researches, selects, and compiles appropriate materials and provides for their formatting and distribution at conference site.
4. Enhances the credibility and visibility of AHIP through educational programs and forums.
5. Keeps abreast of ongoing and rapid changes in health care delivery systems and the increasing number of health policy issues which may have an impact on the industry.
6. Oversees on-site coordinating activity at AHIP conferences.
- Ensures that appropriate staff is assigned and prepared.
- Handles faculty issues.
- Monitors all educational sessions and events.
7. Assists with the development of new programs and special projects in tandem with Association department managers and other health care organizations to advance education of the health insurance industry.
- This position does not supervise staff.