OPERATING ROOM THROUGHPUT (FLOW COORDINATOR) - PERIOPERATIVE SERVICES
Job Number: 00120089
Job Posting: Mar 15, 2017, 12:58:52 PM
Closing Date: Mar 30, 2017, 12:59:00 AM Full-time P.M. P.M.
Collective Bargaining Unit: None Posting Salary: COMPETITIVE SALARY
Organization: Health and Hospital Systems
PERIOPERATIVE SERVICES-MAIN OR-STROGER-CHICAGO, IL. SHIFT: 2:30PM-10:45PM
Supervises and manages the overall nursing and operational function of the Operating Room. Utilizes the concepts of the nursing process in planning, directing and evaluating the quality and quantity of nursing care for the assigned shift. Adjusts staffing levels as appropriate on the assigned shift and for the oncoming shift. May perform direct clinical interventions based on an assessment of the circumstances.
Performs as a professional leader. Functions as a resource to the department Nurse Coordinator II, the physicians and the Clinical Nurse II. Ensures compliance with various regulatory agency standards, i.e. The Joint Commission, Illinois Department of Public Health and Centers for Medicaid and Medicare Services. Responsible for participating in Quality Improvement activities. Provides feedback to the Nurse Coordinators regarding employee performance issues related to possible and/or probably disciplinary action. Provides input in the employee performance appraisal process as appropriate related to staff assigned within their tour of duty. Recognizes standards for safety to reduce risk to individuals served.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) is required. (Must provide original college/university transcript at time of interview).
- Current license as a Registered Professional Nurse in the State of Illinois is required.
- Three (3) years of Operating Room (OR) nursing work experience is required.
- One (1) year of nursing supervisory work experience is required.
- Master's degree in Nursing or Business.
- Certified Nurse Operating Room (CNOR) certification.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS
- Knowledge of management principles such as planning, organizing and staffing.
- Demonstrate analytical and organizational, problem-solving, critical thinking and conflict management/resolution skills.
When applying for employment with Cook County Health & Hospitals System preference is given to honorably discharged Veterans who have served in the Armed Forces of the United States for not less than 6 months of continuous service
To take advantage of this preference a Veteran must:
- MEET THE MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE POSITION.
- IDENTIFY AS A VETERAN ON THE EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION BY ANSWERING YES TO THE QUESTION Are you a Military Veteran?
- ATTACH A COPY OF THE VETERANS DD214, DD215 or NGB 22(NOTICE OF SEPARATION) AT TIME OF APPLICATION FILING.PLEASE NOTE: IF YOU HAVE MULTIPLE DD 214S, 215S, OR NGB 22S, PLEASE SUBMIT THE ONE WITH THE LATEST DATE. COAST GUARD MUST SUBMIT A CERTIFIED COPY OF THE MILITARY SEPARATION FROM EITHER THE DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION (BEFORE 911) OR THE DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY (AFTER 911). DISCHARGE PAPERS MUST LIST AN HONORABLE DISCHARGE STATUS. DISCHARGE PAPERS NOT LISTING AN HONORABLE DISCHARGE STATUS ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE
A COPY OF A VALID STATE ID CARD OR DRIVER'S LICENSE WHICH IDENTIFIES THE HOLDER OF THE ID AS A VETERAN, MAY ALSO BE ATTACHED TO THE APPLICATION AT THE TIME OF FILING.
VETERANS MUST PROVIDE ORIGINAL APPLICABLE DISCHARGE PAPERS OR APPLICABLE STATE ID CARD OR DRIVER'S LICENSE AT TIME OF INTERVIEW.
Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
Basic Term Life Insurance
Pension Plan and Deferred Compensation Program
Employee Assistance Program
Paid Holidays, Vacation, and Sick Time
You may also qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF)
For further information on our excellent benefits package, please click on the following link:
MUST MEET ALL REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AT TIME OF APPLICATION FILING.
Degrees and transcripts from non-U.S. accredited institutions must be translated and certified to the US equivalent academic credentials by a recognized US education interpreter.
*Please note all offers of Employment are contingent upon the following conditions: satisfactory professional & employment references, healthcare and criminal background checks, appropriate licensure/certifications and the successful completion of a physical and pre-employment drug screen.
*CCHHS is strictly prohibited from conditioning, basing or knowingly prejudicing or affecting any term or aspect of County employment or hiring upon or because of any political reason or factor.
COOK COUNTY HEALTH AND HOSPITALS SYSTEM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.