VCU Health System's Call Center Nursing Triage and Internal Medicine Specialties Clinics is seeking a full time Nurse Manager. The focus of the position is to ensure that excellent patient care is provided by a nursing staff of sufficient number and competency to meet patient needs. Care is delivered in an environment that is healthy, healing and respectful to all patients, visitors and staff. To provide quality customer service to patients of all ages, their families, visitors, medical staff, clinicians and co-workers, ensuring that everyone will be treated courteously, quickly and with respect. To establish and maintain an environmental control plan, coordinate materials management for the department, assist in monitoring clinic activities.
- All day-to-day operations of the unit are handled independently.
- Advice and guidance are sought from the Director on an as needed situational basis and when there is a major impact on activity outside the unit. Actions that are taken without prior approval include daily operational functions and leadership of staff.
- With Guidance of Supervisor; advice and guidance are sought for termination of employees, handling employee grievances, review of annual unit goals and budget, approval on unit guidelines and procedures and review of staff annual performance evaluations.
- All employees of the nursing unit report to this position; however, supervisory responsibilities may be delegated as appropriate.
- Required frequent visibility on all shifts and weekends to enhance staff communication and monitor staff effectiveness.
- Masters degree in Nursing or a related field or within one semester of completion. If the Masters degree is not in nursing then it is required to have a BSN from an accredited school.
- Current RN Licensure in Virginia
- AHA BLS Certification or equivalent
- 5 years of relevant clinical experience with 2 of those years of progressive leadership and/or supervisory/management experience
- Masters degree in Nursing from an accredited program
- Certification in specialty area
- Experience in academic medical center environment
At VCU Health System, our most important assets are not bricks and mortar; they are our team members … all 12,000+ of them. Our workforce is diverse, dedicated and talented. Our team members continue to earn local, regional and national awards and accolades, which is an indicator that they are happy and feel supported working here. And our culture of STAR Service focuses on our common purpose – “Our Caring Service Begins With Me.” – in the provision of the highest level of customer service, which encourages diversity and inclusion.
If you have been looking to take your career to the next level, we have been looking for you.
We offer more than 400 work/life benefits including competitive pay, generous benefits, flexible work options, prepaid tuition, on-site child and elder care and much, much more.
For a full position description and to apply visit
EOE M/F/Vets/Disabled. VCUHS appreciates diversity and encourages women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities to apply.