Risk Management Coordinator
Established in 1908, Florida Hospital is one of the largest not-for-profit healthcare systems in the country, caring for more than a million patients each year. The 2,286-bed acute-care medical facility, comprised of eight hospitals, has been recognized by U.S. News & World Report as one of the best hospitals in the country for the past 10 years. It serves as a community hospital for Greater Orlando and as a major tertiary referral hospital for Central Florida and much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and Latin America.
Florida Hospital seeks to hire a Risk Management Coordinator who will embrace our mission to extend the healing ministry of Christ.
Full Time: Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 5:00pm
The Risk Management Department is responsible for multiple activities aligned with Florida Hospital’s mission and vision. These activities include: the maintenance of and tracking from FH’s Event Reporting system in compliance with Florida Statutes, the identification and reporting of adverse events to the Agency for Health Care Administration, the identification and investigation of Sentinel Events, the facilitation of Sentinel Event Root Cause Event Teams, the reporting of pertinent data for compliance with corporate indicators and dashboards, the receipt and facilitation of formal Patient Grievances, the prevention of claims, the identification and reporting of potential claims to Adventist Health System Risk Management, the management of the internal claims process, the coordination of legal correspondence and responses to attorney requests, the provision of support to staff and administration regarding medical/risk/legal/ethical matters, the investigation of events which include sexual accusations against FH employees, and the identification of strategies designed to reduce the annual number of incidents with injury and hospital professional liability claims. The Risk Management data is in alignment with the established Patient Safety Organization.
The Risk Management Coordinator (RMS) will be responsible for identifying and reducing risks to Florida Hospital (FH), its physicians, staff, visitors and patients. Additional responsibilities will include:
- Ensures all Risk Management activities, including the internal event report system and patient grievance process are in compliance with FL State Statute 395.0197.
- Facilitates the Sentinel Event process
- Facilitates regulatory surveys and/or legal investigations as they pertain to complaints against FH.
- Identifies potential compensatory events and works collaboratively with claims management coordinators to prevent litigation.
- Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
- Registered Nurse, Respiratory Therapist, or other clinical professional, and three to five years of clinical experience in a healthcare related field; OR three to five years of experience in risk management or claims field
- Basic knowledge of federal legislation and state statutes relevant to Risk Management and patient safety activities
- Understanding of medical terminology and technology, medical procedures/treatments, their usual risks and expected outcomes
- Understanding of the claims/litigation prevention and management process
- Understanding of conflict resolution and grievance management techniques
- Proficient in computer software programs utilized in the department
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize a diverse workload and possess the ability to work under pressure and deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree in a health care related field (Preferred)
- Active Florida license as a Registered Nurse (Preferred)
- Active Florida license as a Health Care Risk Manager (Preferred)
If you want to be a part of a team that is dedicated to delivering the highest quality in patient care, we invite you to explore the Risk Management Coordinator opportunity and apply online today to req. # 246954 at FloridaHospitalCareers.com