Satellite Healthcare is a successful, nonprofit organization that has improved the lives of people living with kidney disease since 1973. We earn our national reputation for excellent patient care each day by offering a complete range of dialysis therapy choices, personalized clinical services, and unparalleled wellness education.
Satellite Healthcare provides expert, personalized kidney care at over 90 centers across the U.S. as well as at acute dialysis locations in California and Texas. Learn more about Satellite Healthcare at www.satellitehealth.com.
The Field Educator's primary responsibility is to educate and train staff to enable them to carry out their job responsibilities in a compassionate, complete and efficient manner.
The Field Educator will work with the Director of Education, Territory Directors, Center Managers, Clinical Coordinators, Center Preceptors, Technical and Quality Directors to organize and facilitate the training and competency programs utilized within the Clinical Department when performing duties and responsibilities in the patient care area. This will include but is not limited to development and administration of training programs, checklists, and staff written and observational competencies and ongoing continuing education programs. The Field Educator will use a variety of methods to provide training including video conferencing, instructor lead training, direct demonstration and Learning Management Systems. The Field Educator will do continuous evaluation to ensure success of the training.
The position requires professional knowledge of a wide range of nursing concepts in order to serve as a consultant to the Interdisciplinary Team to attain and maintain optimum quality and appropriateness of care in accordance with standards of practice, performance, and state and federal requirements.
The Field Educator is an integral part of the team with the opportunity to train staff the nursing care processes for Clinical Department. The Field Educator will assist to meet the staff training needs of an assigned territory(s).
The essential functions listed are not a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned. All employees must work in accordance with Satellite's I-CARE Standards.
- Directly responsible for ensuring that the integrity of the established Clinical Training Programs for Clinical staff are delivered in their entirety without deviation; provides educational programs to develop clinical staff skills and competencies needed to meet all applicable regulatory agency requirements
- Collaborates with the education team to develop, maintain and present educational materials to include Learning Management Systems programs, Instructor Led Training programs/orientation, initial and annual clinical staff competency and on-going support of professional development through continuing education programs
- Makes recommendations when new knowledge indicates a need for change in policies and procedures, in cooperation with Center Managers, Regulatory and the Corporate Policy and Procedure Committee
- Provides instructions to Trainees and clinical staff in adherence to infection control policies and procedures, as needed
- Provides updates to Training Programs and work practices by reviewing current literature and appropriate evidence-based educational resources
- Gives input for performance evaluations of new trainees and active clinical staff when requested
- Responsible for driving the Satellite Healthcare culture through values and customer service standards
- Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external and internal customers
- Develops and maintains effective relationships through effective and timely communication
- Assists in measuring effectiveness and efficiency of educational programs through participants' evaluation
- Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely manner
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned by the Director of Education