Provides patient transportation within the hospital as directed. Obtains venous blood samples and performs various testing in a correct and timely manner according to protocol. Transports specimens/supplies to other departments as directed. Assists Emergency Department nursing staff with other procedures and duties as assigned.
JOB SPECIFIC ACTIVITIES:
1. Maintains consistency with Administrative and Departmental policies with appropriate behavior, dress, attitude, attendance, confidentiality, professionalism, and reliability.
Insures professional discretion and confidentiality of hospital related information concerning patients, physicians, associates and visitors.
Complies with conditions of employment as stated in the associate handbook and Administrative and Departmental policies.
Complies with dress code policy.
Limits non-emergency personal telephone calls to breaks and meal times.
2. Provides safe transportation services in the admission and discharge of Emergency Department nursing staff with other procedures and duties as assigned.
3. Transports/retrieves requested supplies/equipment to and from other departments as needed.
4. Assists with CPR in emergency situations and with physical restraint of combative patients.
5. Maintains adequate supply of linens and warmed blankets, wheelchairs, and stretchers necessary for patient care
6. Provides assistance with patient care to include but not limited to: assistance to professional nursing staff, drawing venous blood for lab tests, directing full attention to proper patient, proper specimen, proper specimen location, utilize proper labeling procedure, performs limited moderate complexity blood analyses, and follows established protocol for reporting results and down-loading information to lab, accurately performs, documents and reports vital signs, initiates/outputs and weights, assists with activities of daily living (i.e. comfort and patient safety), provides patient and family orientation to the room (i.e. call light, smoking policy), checks and cleans patient care areas after each patient, and performs other duties as assigned.