Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) is now the largest not-for-profit health systems in Texas and one of the fastest growing systems in the country. BSWH is a result of two nationally recognized health systems coming together in 2013 to form a new organization that leverages the strengths of both institutions. Baylor Scott & White Health includes 46 hospitals, 5,200 licensed beds, more than 800 patient care sites, close to 6,000 affiliated physicians, 35,000 employees, $6.8B total net operating revenue and the Baylor Scott & White health plan.
Role: Be the strategic technology leader and the single point of contact from IS for SWHP to help the organization accomplish its goals, primarily around growth, operational efficiency / effectiveness and integration with BSWH system.
- Development of Strategy – Establish a multiyear technology strategy and associated roadmap that clearly articulates milestones, budget and success criteria.
- Single Point of Contact – Be the single point of contact for all SWHP executives around technology initiatives and manage client relationships to understand their needs and deliver to commitments accordingly.
- Business Leadership – Be personally ingrained in the SWHP business and own/be responsible for the success of the organization.
- Translate Business Needs – Clearly translate SWHP needs to the IS organization and be the voice for the SWHP business leaders to the IS organization.
- Work with IS Delivery – In Collaboration with Plan, Build and Run teams in IS, drive a SWHP agenda that clearly articulates transparency and accountability for IS to deliver on commitments.
- Architecture – Establish a detailed technology architecture that supports the future needs of SWHP to create stability and scale.
- Integration with BSWH – Drive integration with BSWH and bring scale and synergies by leveraging BSWH capabilities that will benefit SWHP.
- Thought Leadership – In collaboration, drive thought leadership around the intersection of technology and SWHP business needs, especially around Digital Conduits, Analytics, and Transactional Systems for the Payor business.
- Process Improvement – Continuously educate and drive necessary process improvements that will have impact for SWHP
- In depth knowledge of the Payor business (especially system owned health plan)
- In depth knowledge of technology in healthcare
- Experience with managing clients in complex environments
- Innovative vision and passion for driving transformational change
- Self-motivated, establishes priorities/goals and measurements
- Comfort level dealing with ambiguity/uncertainty
- Credible, high integrity, authentic and trustworthy
- Consultative communicator and collaborator -- Establishes rapport, listens/seeks to understand, gains consensus, and builds long-standing professional relationships across multiple disciplines
- Education: Bachelors Required and Graduate Degree Preferred
- Experience: 10+ Years Payor Knowledge (focused on System Sponsored Health plans preferred) and 10+ Technology Experience in Healthcare
Our competitive benefits package includes immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits, 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5% and tuition reimbursement.
Answer the call to health care excellence.
The largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States, Baylor Scott & White has 49 hospitals, more than 800 patient care sites and more than 5,800 affiliated physicians devoted to exceptional patient care. With a commitment to and track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, we are one of the nation’s exemplary health care organizations.
We exist to serve all people by providing personalized health and wellness through exemplary care, education and research as a Christian ministry of healing. Here, you’ll learn the difference between being a health care provider, and being one who truly serves others. You’ll also enjoy more than just a job. At Baylor Scott & White Health, you’ll find your calling.
To apply, visit our career site at http://jobs.bswhealth.com/ and enter 17008807 in the keyword search field.
Contact: Rose Coker - Executive Recruiter - firstname.lastname@example.org