This position requires previous experience in developing and deploying training and development programs, and learning management systems for a healthcare organization. The Director of Healthcare Learning and Development works in collaboration with clinical and non-clinical staff to provide leadership for technology enhanced teaching and learning activities delivered via face to face, interactive video and on-line environments. The Director is responsible for planning, developing and activating Millennium University for Millennium Physician Group (MPG). Millennium University will be the "home" for all learning and training materials and processes for MPG's clinical and non-clinical staff. The Director will guide the purchase and implementation of the Learning Management System, establish the staffing model, and be responsible for the start-up and ongoing development of Millennium University.
Through the Millennium University infrastructure, the Director will lead, manage and deliver internal learning and development initiatives, programs and tools that support the execution of Millennium Physician Group's (MPG) business and clinical strategy and talent development needs.
This role oversees and executes (or in some cases may coordinate execution of) all internal learning and development at MPG, including curriculum design, program delivery and facilitation, and reporting. The role is a champion for developing MPG's most important assets, its employees.
The successful candidate in this position will be a "working director" who can take a solution from an idea through a design, to implementation. The candidate has to be comfortable working in a physician oriented, solution focused culture.
- Develop and present a learning and development vision and strategy for building Millennium University that supports MPG's business and clinical strategies/goals after analyzing and assessing individual, departmental and/or organizational training and development needs, current systems, and current learning and training structure and staff.
- Hire, develop, lead and motivate direct reports.
- Together with a cross functional team, develop a learning management system vendor selection RFP and selection process. The RFP must address the training needs of clinical and non-clinical staff; include MPG's preferred learning methods; and include a review of off the shelf curricula, materials and learning aids of the system to determine applicability and usefulness.
- Working with the cross functional team, develop and propose a Millennium University organization structure; develop and propose a budget for the purchase and implementation of the learning management system and staffing.
- Develop and propose a project plan with timelines for the different aspects of the learning management system implementation and staffing.
- Responsible for creating and managing programs that are aligned to MPG's business and clinical strategies and goals, along with continually addressing employee's developmental needs. This includes:
- Developing and overseeing clinical and non-clinical staff training programs.
- Developing and overseeing advanced level courses across a broad range of clinical and non-clinical leadership, business, medical and technical subjects.
- Overseeing the creation, editing and production of necessary training materials for in-house courses (courses that are internally developed).
- Providing instructional design consultation and support for "off the shelf" training programs to customize accordingly to meet MPG's needs.
- Determining optimal learning methodologies, content, timing and logistics for training programs to meet the needs of a functionally diverse workforce.
- Employing train-the-trainer techniques and tools to develop and leverage other employees as training resources for programs.
- Develop learning policies and practices that include utilizing various learning methods such as instructor led and classroom training, e-learning, live webinar presentations, and self-directed, training programs.
- Responsible for driving awareness and utilization of training and development programs that are included in Millennium University across the organization.
- Continually survey employees at all levels of the organization to determine their satisfaction with the trainers, the training programs, and to determine what needs are not being met.
- Develop, analyze and report on key performance indicators for training programs and tools that assess the effectiveness and utilization. Amend programs and tools as necessary in order to increase effectiveness and/or adapt to changes that occur in the organization and in the industry.
- Support the leadership teams within Human Resources, Compliance, Information Technology, Coding and Quality, and other departments as necessary with the delivery of specific programs that meet government and industry requirements.
- Collaborate and build relationships with internal subject matter experts and uses their organizational skills and talents in order to further advance the learning/development programs and MPG's system objectives.
- Serve as subject matter expert for the learning management system and partner with Information Technology to ensure effective design, integration and maintenance of the program. Continually monitor the performance of the purchased learning management system.
- Stay abreast of industry standards, monitor and review best practices and make changes as necessary.
- Represent the organization professionally and positively at various community, networking and/or professional meetings.