Lean Six Sigma Process Improvement Specialist
UI Health is seeking an experienced Six Sigma professional to join our team as a Lean Six Sigma Process Improvement Specialist.
The Lean Six Sigma Process Improvement Specialist works closely with the Senior Director of the Organizational Process Improvement (OPI) Office to evaluate, plan, and develop UI Health improvement projects and change initiatives throughout the organization. In partnership with teams, this position manages the analysis, solution design, development, and implementation of diverse, enterprise-wide projects and initiatives, and is responsible for applying process-improvement and Lean Six Sigma Methodologies for project initiatives focused on clinical and operational indicators. Interpret improvement-related data and develop tools, interventions/tactics and training based on evidence based best practices and/or new organizational initiatives. Partners with leadership, staff, and providers to support large transformational operations/process improvement initiatives related to the patient, family, provider, and employee experience. Direct process improvement and change management education and training for providers and staff. Participate actively in scholarly production and design of educational material and QI simulations.
- Conducts division and/or business unit assessments and assists in the identification and evaluation of processes.
- Assists in setting the priorities of process improvement projects and ensures that process improvement objectives, specific goals, measures, and metrics are established.
- Ensures that an adequate project plan is developed, selects the appropriate improvement methodologies and tools and works with the team leaders to plan and lead the project.
- Provides complementary skills to team leader and guidance and support to the team throughout the entire life cycle of the project.
- Works with the team leaders to eliminate barriers to team success and provides guidance to sustain improvement changes.
- Mentor and coach project managers, physicians, and staff.
- Stays up to date in the application of process improvement tools and techniques.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in a health related field, business administration, engineering, information resource management, education, or related field required; Master's degree preferred.
- Experience in successfully applying quality management, process improvement, and problem-solving tools and methodologies; Lean Six Sigma black belt required.
- Previous project management experience required; experience in healthcare, clinical operations or healthcare process engineering preferred.
- Proven experience in implementing and sustaining change (change champion).
- Experienced in problem-solving methodologies and change management.
- Comfortable leading teams and interacting at all levels of the organization.
- Experience with data collection and analysis, presentations/communications, Assessment and analysis skills (team dynamics, processes, problems, etc.) and Group/team facilitation, decision-making, consensus building, and conflict management.
Salary & Benefits:
UI Health offers competitive benefit packages, including: vacation days, paid holidays, Floating Holidays, State University Retirement System, tuition waiver, tuition discount for dependents, and excellent medical, dental, and vision packages.
For fullest consideration, please submit a complete application and supplemental resume by April 24, 2017.
The University of Illinois at Chicago is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The University of Illinois may conduct background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.