Provides overall strategic direction and business leadership while maintaining accountability for daily operational activities, financials, goals, and performance of the PSA medical practices. Oversees practices at multiple locations and work collaboratively with PSA COO, Physicians, and Medical Directors to ensure the success of the individual practices and the physician enterprise overall.
Job Specific Essential Duties:
- Leads projects and assignments as they relate to performance improvement for the service line.
- Develops and executes improvement projects for the PSA using solid data and analytics that directly impact key metrics related to people (employee retention and engagement), service (customer satisfaction/patient experience), growth (new service/business development), margin (operating/financial targets), and quality (patient care indicators).
- Drives consistent system-wide PSA approach across all facilities in conjunction with processes and standards set by the PSA Leader.
- Ensures through direction and coordination of activities, PSA goals and objectives related to the strategic plan (a) developed, translated and/or prioritized according to the overall system goals and strategies, and (b) implemented and evaluated on an annual basis.
- Establishes and enhances relationships with community pediatricians and specialist/subspecialist practices to improve patient outcomes, communication, and referral management.
- Promotes relationships and collaboration amongst all key stakeholders that comprise the core and those others that are a support (clinical and non-clinical).
- Leads effectively all aspects of the clinical and non-clinical to ensure people, service, growth, margin, and quality targets are being achieved.
- Provides direction and holds accountable assigned management team (clinical & non-clinical) in the delivery of day-to-day clinical and business operations for the PSA.
- Responsible for developing, managing, and updating the strategic plan (capital/operating budgets, business plans, and forecasts) to achieve strategic goals and objectives in consideration of all aspects of the business (clinical, research, teaching, and financials).
- Responsible for identifying potential risk areas and for supporting the problem resolution process.
- Develops and implements policy and procedures based on best practices and regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with all regulatory requirements, organizational standards, and policies and procedures related to area of responsibility.
- Responsible for achieving budget targets, physician partnership, service excellence, and strong financial results.
- Strong business acumen and leadership skills.
- Experienced and aptitude for physician relations, conflict resolution, problem-solving, and staff development.
- Excellent personal organization and time management.
- Excellent analytical, communication, organizational, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Capable of having crucial conversations.
- Effectively utilizes data and information to improve operations and efficiency.
- Maintain professionalism in high pressure situations.
- Understanding physician practice operation in terms of structure, the marketplace, and the coordination of offerings across all missions (clinical, research, teaching, etc.).
- Strong financial background.