The Director, Practice Management (“Director”) will render full-time, professional services to Estes Park Medical Center (EPMC) in the area of physician practice management for the hospital, including all related facilities, clinics, and services (collectively, the “Medical Center”). The Director will faithfully, industriously and to the best of his/her ability, perform all duties that may be required by virtue of the position and all duties set forth in the Medical Center’s governing laws, regulations, contracts, bylaws, and in policy statements of the Board of Directors, to implement the strategic goals and objectives of the Medical Center. The Director will be committed to providing inspiring and effective leadership while administering, directing, and coordinating all activities of the Medical Center’s practice management/clinic services toward the fulfillment of the Medical Center’s values, mission, strategy, and the achievement of its annual goals and objectives.
The Director is responsible for successfully managing and operating medical practices involving one or more specialty disciplines and/or clinic sites. Provides medical providers and specialists with the resources (physical, equipment, supplies, and personnel) required to meet patient needs and meet the financial objectives of the practice.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Works closely and effectively with the physicians and advanced practitioners to provide safe, high quality, and effective patient-centered care.
- Builds strong positive communications with physicians and works in partnership with them to enhance productivity and the success of the practice.
- Establishes and implements goals, objectives, policies, procedures, and systems for all medical clinic operational areas.
- Responsible for assuring customer/patient service needs are met. Monitors patient service feedback and contributes to the process of resolving complaints and service issues. Plans and initiates process improvement and cost reduction opportunities.
- Develops and implements short and long-range strategic and operational plans.
- Manages the daily operations while developing, monitoring, and analyzing budget and financial information.
- Responsible for the selection, training, and supervision of all clinic staff.
- Participates in staff supervision, performance evaluation, and disciplinary actions.
- Resolves administrative and operational problems including the maintenance of clinic property, computer systems, and installed software applications.
- Ensures compliance with regulations and standards.
- Gathers and reports data for fiscal and statistical analysis.
- Coordinates with Medical Staff to ensure quality patient care and service excellence is provided.
- Works to develop clinic strategic plans and objectives based upon identified needs of patients.
- Maintains strict confidentiality.
- Oversees departmental financial operations and remains within budget.
- Participates in appropriate community activities and professional organizations as necessary to promote the service of the department and image of the Medical Center.
- Provides leadership and direction necessary to implement policies established by the Administration and the Board of Directors.
- Performs other duties as assigned.