The Kansas Chapter of the National Association of Social Workers is seeking an Executive Director with demonstrated leadership and management skills. In addition, applicants should have a substantial knowledge of, and a strong commitment to, the social work profession and social work values, with an awareness of the diversity of social work practice. Applicants should also be able to engage, inspire, and mobilize the Association’s membership.
- Senior leadership experience working with professional or non-profit organizations and their volunteer Boards
- Minimum of 5 years of senior management level experience
- College degree required; MSW preferred
- Strong executive management skills, including the ability to provide oversight for organizational and leadership development priorities, relevant legislative efforts, membership services, and continuing education programs
- Strong budget and financial management skills
- Strong experience in developing revenue streams from multiple sources
- Strong program planning and implementation skills
- Strong public policy experience and skills
- Strong advocacy and legislative experience and skills
- Community organizing experience
- Exceptional written and oral communications skills
- Experience working with traditional and social media
- Commitment to providing excellent membership support and engagement
- Proficient with Office products software, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint, as well as working in the online/“cloud” environment.
The Chapter office is located in Topeka; travel required to other Kansas communities, as needed.
Salary: $50,000 - $58,000 plus excellent benefits, including health and life insurance, and retirement. This is a full time position.
Application deadline: May 19, 2017
Only electronic applications will be accepted. Applicants will email a cover letter and résumé, addressing above qualifications, to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NASW-KS is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a policy of equal opportunity and non-discrimination. Applicants from diverse communities are encouraged to apply.