GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under the general direction of the Director, or designee, the Quality Improvement Advisor will be responsible for ongoing training, support, encouragement, consultation, and monitoring to practices and health systems as they strive for clinical and operational improvements through implementing the changes in healthcare delivery models in support of the goals of the Practice Transformation Network. The Quality Improvement Advisor will also assist in the development and implementation of learning collaboratives focused on supporting practices and providers in transforming the way they deliver care. Specialists will use quality improvement tools (e.g., Model for Improvement) to help practices and providers solve problems, improve clinical quality and operational efficiency, and successfully report on quality and clinical measures as requested by CMS and/or other payers.
- Foster providers' or health systems' understanding and implementation of new health delivery model concepts.
- Successfully implement new health delivery models at practices and health care system
- Identify barriers to implementing health care delivery model at the practice and provider level and help practices address these barriers
- Coach the participating practices towards successful implementation of organizational policy, procedural, and workflow changes that will facilitate implementation of the model of care
- Help practices and providers manage change.
- Provide content expertise for curriculum and presentations in learning collaboratives and provide presentations
- Provide ongoing training, support, encouragement, and consultation to practices and providers
- Coordinate with the learning collaborative efforts to focus participating practices and health systems on knowledge creation and implementation
- Develop a sustainability plan for practices and providers to be able to continue quality improvement activities beyond the transformation specialist's time with the practice
- Develop leadership and quality improvement skill sets at practices and health systems
- Provide technical assistance to practices and health systems
- Provide a mechanism of information exchange and dissemination to share best practices among practices and health systems
- Provide QI leadership to practices and providers working with site teams to delineate needs and opportunities at provider locations, to prioritize areas of focus, assess available and needed resources, and assist in implementation
- Develop and implement plan for sustainability and spread within practices and health systems.
- Provide tools to practice and provider sites to support transformation
- Participate in practice/provider program evaluation activities
- Compile and analyze site data and use this information to inform technical assistance and develop action plan for each site
- Comply with established internal UMMS departmental policies, procedures, and objectives
- Demonstrate use of Quality Improvement in daily operations
- Comply with all health and safety regulations and requirements
- Perform other similar and related duties as required or directed
- Bachelor's degree in organizational change or health related degree; or equivalent
- 7-10 years of related experience, including three (3) years in a clinical setting
- Demonstrated capacity to support process improvement (e.g., experience in successful systems improvement and change management)
- Knowledge of healthcare delivery systems
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with physicians, administration, and staff
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including presentation skills
- Proficient computer skills, including facility with Office applications
- Knowledge of customer service principles.
- Evidence of organizational quality improvement (QI) experience
- Experience collecting and analyzing key quality indicators with corresponding deployment of interventions to improve processes and outcomes
- Ability to travel within the state and occasionally out of state
- Ability to convene meetings and training sessions for practices and health system sites
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to efficiently utilize time and financial resources