Satellite Healthcare is a successful, nonprofit organization that has improved the lives of people living with kidney disease since 1973. We earn our national reputation for excellent patient care each day by offering a complete range of dialysis therapy choices, personalized clinical services, and unparalleled wellness education.
Satellite Healthcare provides expert, personalized kidney care at over 90 centers across the U.S. as well as at acute dialysis locations in California and Texas. Learn more about Satellite Healthcare at www.satellitehealth.com.
The role of the IT Enterprise Architect (EA) is to enable business and IT leaders to make investment decisions that balance and prioritize current operational demands, disruptions and opportunities with the longer-term strategic vision of the organization. Furthermore, the enterprise architect provides technology guidance, road maps, principles, standards and best practices to deliver and maintain the technology strategic roadmap. Defines system and application architecture and provides vision, problem anticipation and problem solving ability to the organization.
The essential functions listed are not a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned. All employees must work in accordance with Satellite's I-CARE Standards.
Strategy & Planning
- Provides overall direction, guidance and definition of IT architecture, to effectively support the corporate business strategy.
- Supports all architectural disciplines and champions architectural initiatives.
- Leads programs to develop, maintain and govern the enterprise information architecture across the organization.
- Aligns architecture strategy with business goals.
- Defines, explains and advocates technology strategy across the enterprise.
- Develops and communicates architectural policies, standards, guidelines and procedures.
- Promotes the EA process, outcomes and results to the organization and senior leadership.
- Develops a communication plan for architecture at the enterprise level.
- Directs the research and evaluation of emerging technology, industry and market trends.
- Ensures recommendations are based on business relevance, appropriate timing and deployment.
- Leads and facilitates the creation of governing principles to guide EA decision-making.
- Establishes the EA review board and leads the EA governance process.
- Manages exceptions to architectural standards at an enterprise level.
- Reviews and/or analyzes and develops architectural requirements as needed, for the organization.
- Ensures the conceptual completeness of technical solutions.
- Leads teams in developing technology plans.
- Provides strategic consultation to business and IT leaders.
- Advises on options, risks, costs versus benefits, system impacts and technology priorities.
- Works with business leaders to understand business requirements and help them understand how technology tradeoffs influence strategy.
- Works with senior leadership to approve allocation of budget to meet architectural initiatives critical to business/mission success.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Reviews existing business processes and establishes metrics to improve business processes, as well as support of all architectural disciplines under their direction.
- Works on highly complex projects that require in-depth knowledge across multiple specialized architecture domains.
- Ensures that solutions are compliant with target-state architecture models.
- Collaborates with project management and IT leaders to ensure progress towards architectural alignment with project goals and requirements.
- Approves the tools and components used within the enterprise.
- Consults with project teams to fit projects to enterprise architecture, as well as to identify when it is necessary to modify the enterprise architecture.
- Approves modification (or waiver) of the enterprise architecture and standards to accommodate project needs.
- Responsible for the overall training and development of the architecture principles to the IT Organization.
Other Satellite Core Responsibilities
- Responsible for driving the Satellite Healthcare culture through values and customer service standards.
- Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external and internal customers.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships through effective and timely communication.
- Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely manner.