Clinical Nursing Duties:
- Observes and assesses health status of patients by physical assessment and examination, interviewing patient and family members, and reviewing patient's health history.
- Initiates treatments, medications, emergency, and resuscitative measures based on appropriate utilization of providers orders, standing orders and protocols.
- Administers therapeutic measures as prescribed by the medical or surgical provider such as medication treatments, intravenous fluids, blood transfusion, oxygen therapy, etc.
- Records observations, nursing interventions, therapeutic measures, hemodynamic monitoring data, and other data relevant to patients in the unit.
- Responsible for independent management of patients undergoing local anesthesia and IV sedation.
- Provides specialized knowledge and skills to meet the physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of patients undergoing procedures.
- Operates and monitors specialized equipment pertinent to the unit.
- Collaborates with members of the medical/surgical and multidisciplinary teams in assessing, planning, and implementing intervention in the management of patient's health care.
- Provides intravenous and respiratory therapy for patients as indicated by circumstances and needs, following protocol.
- Utilizes Standards of Care to develop, implement, evaluate, and revise an appropriate problem oriented nursing plan of care for the patient and management of the unit. Monitors supplies and instruments to assure sterility of materials used furthering Quality Assurance of patient care.
- Collaborates in developing and evaluating standards of care for the patient.
- Participates as a member of hospital committees relative to patient care.
- Participates in planning and conducting continuing education in nursing care, quality assurance, performance improvement, and care of instruments and supplies. Collaborates with team members and other personnel as needed to facilitate methods of resolution and solutions to problems.
- Identifies specific issues that effect program planning and development and works with nursing leadership team to determine methods of solution to those problems.
- Identifies, initiates, and participates in nursing studies, audits, performance improvement programs, safety workshops, continuing education seminars, etc.
- Functions in any nursing unit as assigned and appropriate.
Performs other duties as assigned.