Founded in 1901, Children’s Hospital Los Angeles is one of the nation’s leading children’s hospitals and is acknowledged worldwide for its leadership in pediatric and adolescent health. Children’s Hospital Los Angeles is one of only 10 children’s hospitals in the nation—and the only children’s hospital on the West Coast—ranked in all 10 pediatric specialties by U.S. News & World Report and named to the magazine’s Honor Roll of children’s hospitals. Children’s Hospital Los Angeles is a premier teaching hospital and has been affiliated with the Keck School of Medicine of the University of Southern California since 1932.
Project Manager, Transformation Project Management Office
Full Time - Los Angeles, CA
The Project Manager is a key position in CHLA’s newly created Transformation Project Management Office to drive initiatives within Clinical Operations Excellence. This position requires healthcare clinical business experience and will be responsible for driving all aspects of the assigned business transformation initiative including identifying necessary initiative management structures and securing management involvement and support. This role oversees and controls all external resources contracted to the initiative. This position also has the responsibility to identify, prioritize and mitigate initiative risks. The Project Manager maintains strategic alignment with organizational goals by analyzing and reviewing charters with management decision makers and stakeholders, forecasting internal resource capacity and tracking initiative progress across the portfolio dashboard. The Project Manager will also require the ability/skill to estimate costs and manage the budget, including related scope control. This position is responsible for defining and driving "rightsized" project management processes, specifically supporting quality assurance. This role tracks and executes to achieve the FY agreed upon initiative specific metrics, schedule variances and measurement of customer satisfaction, in order to drive fiscal and/or operational process improvement. This role documents and reviews the initiative’s medium-term benefits, benefit realization period such as supporting business-case process improvement, and also plans and facilitates related meetings. The Project Manager designs and executes monitoring plans to identify items which will improve adoption and execute required change management activities. This role is also responsible for initiative team management and drives motivation, collaboration and performance. This role will be an integral part of the TPMO team and will be a role model for team engagement, active contribution and exhibiting the core values/norms of TPMO Team and CHLA.
- Bachelor's degree required. Additional post-graduate work and PMP or similar certification preferred.
- 7+ years’ experience managing midsize-to-large projects with above-average levels of complexity and business criticality.
- Experience in a healthcare environment specifically ownership and proven track record of managing initiatives within clinical operations excellence is required.
- Working knowledge of various project domains and the ability to review activities and tasks with domain experts to verify estimated levels of effort.
- Extensive background with project management processes, techniques and tools.
- Experience in facilitating change, including collaboration with senior-level stakeholders.
- Proven internal and external influencing skills at senior and executive management levels.
For more information and to apply, please visit: https://jobs.chla.org/job/los-angeles/project-manager-pmo/277/4309119