Performs evaluations for patients of all ages with communication and /or swallowing problems. Determines therapy programs, establishes long and short-term goals, and makes recommendations for next level of care. Provides supervision for supportive personnel and participates in the continued growth and development of the department activities and programs.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & DUTIES
· Provides timely and comprehensive evaluations specific to diagnosis or impairment.
· Accurately interprets Physician orders. Demonstrates effective interpretation of data from medical chart or patient. Establishes goals along with patient/family based on findings of evaluation. Safely performs evaluative session i.e. video swallow study and bedside swallow study.
· Administers appropriate therapeutic treatment and provides care consistent with evaluation results to achieve proper outcomes and goals. Properly, skillfully, and safely perform treatment.
· Continuity of care between all health care team is maximized through effective communication. Documents in a clear and concise manner for both written and verbal communication. Demonstrates good verbal and interpersonal skills in meetings.
· Provides comprehensive education to patients and or family, on diseases process expected outcomes and limitation and any compensatory techniques and devices. Provides home exercise program.
· Responsible for keeping up to date on new Techniques and procedures. Complies with Policies and procedures of the department. Must complete and pass required competencies.
· Work Saturday or Holidays, and flexible in work schedule as needed to provide for the needs of the patients and maintain productivity targets.
· Performs other inherent duties as may be required to accommodate the needs of the Department and Holy Cross Hospital.
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Graduate of an accredited college/university with a Master's degree in Speech & Language Pathology.
· Must hold or have applied for Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC) in Speech Pathology from the American Speech-Language and Hearing Association.
· Must be licensed by the State of Illinois.
· New Grads welcome. 1 year experience.
· Biligual a plus but not required.