A) Direct Patient Operations
1. Provides direct patient care for assigned or as directed patients with the direct supervision of nursing staff. Provide and document (in real time) routine patient care, personal care, nutritional needs and maintaining safe i. physical environment
2. Assist patients: walking, bathing, eating, restroom support, dressing, brushing teeth, and other routine activities for daily living.
3. Conduct, report, and document (in real time) patient observations as directed.
4. Adjusts workload, runs errands for department by picking up and returning trays, equipment, specimens, a. and blood products.
5. Keeps patient room orderly and assists in keeping unit orderly, restocks supplies, etc
6. Properly document (in real time) patient care in appropriate sections in EPIC
B) Administrative Operations
1. Unit desks/stations must be neat and tidy at all times
2. Before meals are brought up clean the over-bed tables for meal tray preparation (proper infection control measures)
3. Upon arrival introduce yourself to patients and round on unit as directed by nursing.
4. Order unit supplies: inventory supplies upon receipt, document (in real time) on pick list and put supplies away in proper location
5. Update patient room whiteboards as directed.
6. Complete visitor access processing
7. Transport patients, at discharge or when needed, as assigned by nursing staff.
8. Maintain discharge log, unit logs: admit, discharge, down time (new), etc.
C) Information Management
1. Communicate patient care information (i.e. lab values, ancillary dept. info, etc.) to appropriate staff in a timely manner.
2. Ensure intercom is promptly answered and request is given to assigned personnel in a timely manner.
3. Telephone calls are answered within 3 rings in a courteous and professional manner Telephone, fax, and e-mail messages are consistently related to appropriate co-workers in a timely manner.
4. Provide physician(s) requests to nursing staff in a timely manner.
5. Ensures the nursing desk/station is manned at all times and must find someone to cover the desk when they step away.
D) Electronic Health Records -- EPIC
1. Complete scanning and printing (i.e. patient records, transfers, etc...)
2. Transfer patients via the Unit Census activity or the Patient Station as assigned.
3. Place appropriate documents (in real time) in the patient "mini-chart"
4. Order supplies, equipment, and advanced diet as tolerated
5. Print ticket to ride report
6. Create follow-up appointments for discharging patients
7. Place bed accommodation change as directed
8. Review charge capture and ensure proper charging as directed
9. Properly document (in real time) patient care in appropriate sections in EPIC
E) Unit Safety
1. Adhere to all safety policies and procedures created for both the unit and Trinity Mother Frances F) Unit Ambassador (Professionalism and Customer Service)
2. Adhere to all Trinity Mother Frances Service Standards