Full Time * Brooklyn, NY
NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital is a voluntary, acute care teaching facility with a 135-year history of service to the Brooklyn community. The Hospital has long been one of Brooklyn’s most respected institutions, with outstanding team members known for excellence in patient care. As a proud member of the NewYork-Presbyterian Regional Hospital Network, we are affiliated with Weill Cornell Medical College – an Ivy League medical school that is among the nation’s best in patient care, medical education and research.
Under the direction of the Supervising Ultrasound Technologist you will perform ultrasound examinations, and all other related duties assigned, while ensuring consistency with the hospital's commitment to providing quality health care services in a compassionate and humane manner.
- Performing ultrasounds under the supervision of the medical doctor
- Assisting the physician/sonologist with procedures such as Amniocentesis, CVS, and Sonohysterograms.
- Responding appropriately to professional staff, patient demands and assisting management in sustaining a high quality of service.
- Localizing and recognizing the difference between health and pathological areas to check for factors such as position, obstructions or changes in shape.
- Determining whether images are satisfactory for diagnostic purposes.
- Integrating diagnostic sonogram with patients' history, medical records and laboratory results, and adapting to examinations.
- Presenting and preparing preliminary ultrasound findings to attending physician for final report.
- Maintaining log of ultrasound test findings.
Requirements include: High School Diploma or Equivalency. New York State License from an Ultrasound Technology Program. Minimum of two years' experience in high risk imaging and gynecology. Excellent oral/written communication skills, strong customer service background as well as proficiency in computers. Registered in antepartum and high-risk, including assisting in Amniocentesis, Chorionic Villi Sampling (CVS), and sonohysterogram. Candidate must be ARDMS - American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS). Ability to effectively operate ultrasound equipment, evaluate sonogram to acquire diagnostic information, communicate diagnostic information to physicians, follow departmental protocols and guidelines, and communicate effectively with patients and health care team.
A highly competitive remunerative package commensurate with scope of the position will be offered, along with an opportunity to join our world class organization. For immediate consideration, please apply online at:
NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital is an equal opportunity employer