SCL Health is a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization headquartered in Broomfield with facilities located in Colorado, Kansas and Montana. SCL Health operates:
4 safety net clinics
1 children's mental health treatment center
190+ ambulatory service centers
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and our focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health—and hope—to our patients.
Our ministry is dedicated to improving the health of the communities and individuals we serve, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
The Regional Vice President of Human Resources will serve as business partner/advisor to St. Vincent Healthcare’s leadership (generally executive level and middle management) in execution of human resource strategies and programs that support the care site/business unit needs. Additionally, this executive will provide Human Resource leadership at a regional level in MT.
As Regional Vice President of Human Resources, individual will locally oversee and/or implement a variety of human resource programs and initiatives that enhance retention, productivity and engagement of staff, leaders and physicians.
- Acts as a champion for change and a culture of integration within SCL Health and support of the initiatives and priorities of other care sites/partnerships.
- Works in collaboration and partnership with mission leaders to guide and help associates in finding their calling within the organization.
- Maintains an effective level of business literacy about SCL Health and St. Vincent Healthcare’s financial position, strategic priorities, competition, change priorities and culture.
- Builds, cultivates and fosters strong relationships within and between care site teams, system service functions and partnerships.
This position directly reports to the System Chief Human Resource Officer of SCL Health with matrixed reporting to the Regional President/CEO. Formal managerial responsibility for 5-7 direct reports, including assigning and monitoring work, providing coaching and training, setting goals, conducting value-added performance evaluations and planning staff development is required. Other responsibilities may include providing guidance and coaching to colleagues and associates on a regular basis whether invited or offered, as well as approving people management decisions alone or in collaboration with leadership.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Human Resources; MBA or relevant business experience working with senior leadership at a strategic level.
- Over five years of experience working in complex, matrixed reporting relationships, at least two or more at the Director or Vice President level.
- At least 10 years of progressive professional experience in Business and Human Resources.
- Healthcare experience at a free-standing hospital or healthcare-related organization.
- Experience developing and implementing both proactive and reactive labor relations strategy and plans in close collaboration with operations leadership. Strong hands-on union negotiations.
- Considerable understanding of merger integration assistance and post-transaction human resource strategy, integration and organization design.
Certifications and/or Special Training:
- Requires experience in resolving complex employee relations matters.
- Working knowledge of human resource disciplines, including compensation and benefit practices, change management, associate and labor relations, diversity, performance management and improvement, associate engagement and federal and state employment laws.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP Certification preferred.