The Forecasting and Budgeting Program Manager is responsible for managing the annual budgeting and on-going rolling forecasting processes including the compilation and integration of the System's annual operating budget. This position is responsible for managing the development of the System's forecasting and budgeting model within the planning application. The Program Manager shall oversee the development of the planning application including service line budgeting and forecasting, reimbursement modeling, flexible budget reporting, and rolling forecasting by entity and region using appropriate forecasting techniques including but not limited to modeling, applicable statistical theories, risk analysis, and sensitivity analysis. The Program Manager shall oversee the continued maintenance and development of the planning functions including budgeting, rolling forecasting and the implementation of new techniques and model designs to supplement the planning application. The Program Manager should have the ability to identify significant operational opportunities or threats, interpret trends, and analyze statistical findings. The Program Manager shall administer the compilation of data from internal and external sources, the development of budgets and forecasts based on the regional strategies, and the development of different scenarios based on potentially new, emerging trends and technologies. The Program Manager will collaborate with the Corporate Strategy Team to ensure strategies are fully integrated into the planning processes. The Program Manager shall coordinate the development of key assumptions and risks regarding forecasts based on market research, industry studies, and drivers of consumer behavior. The Program Manager shall oversee and assist in the development of forecasts relative to Regional and System financial positions including but not limited to debt capacity, cash, and receivable management.
This position shall support the Director of Financial Reporting, System Director of Financial Reporting and Decision Support, and Regional leadership in analyzing regional operations including but not limited to comparing operations to industry trends, and analyzing cost drivers and revenue opportunities.
Related to Leadership and Management:
- Develop and lead budgeting and forecast programs including establishing and improving processes and timelines.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the regional finance associates in the analysis, interpretation, and potential leveraging of information provided by the regional forecasts.
- Resolve or facilitate the resolution of issues and concerns that create barriers to a high performing team and work environment.
Related to Forecasting and Budgeting:
- Support the Director of Financial Reporting in the favorable completion of reporting requirements to the CHRISTUS Health Board of Directors and the CHRISTUS Health Finance & Strategy Committee.
- Manage and assist in developing regional operational forecasts by service line, using encounter level reimbursement and cost data, market and industry research, strategic plans, and other operational factors.
- Manage and assist in developing regional forecasts of Region's financial position.
- Coordinate the refinement of the regional forecast models as an effective tool in making informed operational and strategic decisions through continuous development of more efficient data capture methods and application of the latest forecasting techniques to the model.
- Facilitate the development of key forecast assumptions through the integration of the capital plan into the strategic plan.
- Support Region Leadership team in identifying and strategically planning for potential challenges and opportunities through the use of forecasting and operational analysis by service line and physician profitability.
- Support Region's management in conducting scenario based analysis in planning application.
- Facilitate the evaluation of debt capacity, receivable management, and cash management through scenario based forecasting.
- Ensure the reconciliation of actual data in planning application to the general ledger.
- Coordinate the consolidation of operating and capital budgets, including the evaluation of assumptions and the integration of strategic plans into operational and capital budgets.
- Ensure budgets are completed in accordance to the budget timeline set forth by senior management and the System Corporate Controller.
- Assist regional budget analysts in converting the annual forecast into the budget and the development of the departmental budgets in the regions' source system.
- Support Regional management and Corporate associates with data requests and analyses.
- Support the Director of Financial Reporting on special projects.