Providence is calling a Certified Nursing Assistant for the Transitional Care Center in Anchorage, AK.
In this position, you will:
- Provide routine care to a specific group of residents in a long term care environment.
- Perform basic routine nursing duties/tasks which do not require professional training and education.
- Assist residents in all activities of daily living.
- Record vital signs, weights, bowel records, meal intake, admission paperwork, and other required documentation.
- Report changes observed in residents to the Team Leader.
- Perform under the supervision of a licensed nurse (RN or LPN) at all times.
- Perform all duties in a manner that respects and supports the family centered care model.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Licensed as a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) in the State of Alaska at time of hire - new CNA graduates and candidates that hold a current, unencumbered nurse assistant certification or registration from another U.S. state must obtain the State of Alaska certification within four (4) months of employment.
- Ability to clearly articulate and communicate ideas verbally and in writing, in English.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Six (6) months experience as a nurse aide, nursing assistant or private care-giver.
- Prior experience with Electronic Medical Records (EMR.)
About the Transitional Care Neighborhood
The Transitional Care Unit has a total of 52 beds with a variety of health rehabilitation issues (ages 20 and up). This is an exciting, busy unit with constant change, many admits, discharges.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Certified Nursing Assistant
Req ID: 151442