Providence isoffering an exciting opportunity for Electrophysiology Technologists to be employed by thelargest Cath Lab in Alaska!
Providence Alaska Medical Center located in Anchorage
invites you to grow your career in a fast-paced Cath/IR & EP Lab with state
of the art equipment and world class Physicians. Six labs and 1 Hybrid OR, with over 400 cases
per month, you will get exposure to a variety of percutaneous procedures and be
given the opportunity to learn multiple modalities. When you're not busy in the Lab, you can step
outside to be surrounded by the beautiful landscape of Alaska and engage in one
of the many outdoor activities unique to this region. Join a collaborative team
with an unwavering commitment to putting patient care first, and a management
team that makes it all possible with their unwavering commitment to you
This is a full-time , day shift
position for our Cath Lab at
Providence Alaska Medical Center in Anchorage, Alaska.
We're offering a $10,000 sign-on bonus and an applicable
In this position, you'll:
- Be responsible for patient care in electrophysiology labsand pre-operative preparations.
- Be responsible for obtaining patient status reports from nursingunits, SP documentation sheet information, permit, lad studies, physician orders,IV site, pre-op medications, allergies, contrast history/information/teaching,vital signs.
- Maintain communication with family and/or significantothers before, during and after procedure
- Assist in troubleshooting and minor equipment repair in labs
- Participate in the quality improvement program and beknowledgeable in its components and results that affect patient care andquality control issues.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Must have knowledge of hospital radiology techniques, theory, and procedures.
- Knowledge of anatomy and physiology, invasive cardiovascular practices/techniques/pressures, basic EKG analysis and emergency protocols.
- New graduates must complete registry within one (1) year of hire.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification and Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required within six (6) months of hire.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Graduated from an accredited school with supervised clinical experience in invasive electrophysiological procedures.
- Previous special procedures/cath lab cardiovascular technician experience.
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (ARRT) or Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (RCIS) or Registered Cardiac Electrophysiology Specialist (RCES).
For more information, please contact Julie Fischer, Lead Senior Recruiter, Providence Talent Acquisition, at email@example.com .
About the Cath Lab
The caregivers (employees) in the
award-winning cath lab at Providence Alaska Medical Center (PAMC) serve a wide
range of patient populations and conditions -- from newborns to geriatrics;
from stable outpatients to critical care patients. Services include diagnostic
and interventions in cardiac, peripheral and neurovascular. There is a separate
electrophysiology (EP) team, but the cath lab staff often helps the EP team to
set up, scrub or circulate. Cath lab caregivers come from a variety of educational
backgrounds including radiology technology, nursing, cardiovascular technology
and other allied health professionals (many are Registered Cardiovascular
Invasive Specialists certified). However, the lab is not divided by these
certifications or licensures; caregivers perform similar tasks and have the
option of rotating through scrub, circulate and monitor. There is always
something new in the cath lab at PAMC that requires a breadth of knowledge and
flexibility regarding patient needs, equipment, techniques and the evolving
medical culture. The successful caregiver in the cath lab will be able to
multitask, think on their feet and adapt quickly.
About Providence Alaska Medical Center
As the state's largest hospital, Providence
Alaska Medical Center (PAMC) provides full-service, comprehensive care to all
Alaskans, a role unmatched by any other in the state. Mountain-Pacific Quality
Health has awarded PAMC with its Quality Achievement Award for high-quality
care in the areas of heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical
infection prevention. This is the highest honor awarded by Mountain-Pacific.
We're also among the nation's
best employers for healthy lifestyles. The National Business Group on Health, a
non-profit association of large U.S. employers, has honored PAMC for its
commitment and dedication to promoting a healthy workplace and encouraging our
caregivers (employees) and families to support and maintain healthy lifestyles.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Cath Lab
Req ID: 140842