Providence is calling a Sonographer RVT I to Providence Imaging Center at Providence Alaska Medical Center in Anchorage, AK.
Schedule: This is a 0 FTE/ PRN position, Day Shift
In this position, you will:
- Perform all the essential functions of a Registered Sonographer and Registered Vascular technologist.
- Perform and evaluate sonographic examinations and physiologic vascular testing.
- Obtain clinical history and performs a physical assessment of the patient's condition to determine appropriate testing protocol.
- Provide a technical interpretation of sonographic and physiologic data to aid physicians in rendering a medical diagnosis.
- Requires credentials from the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers in a minimum of three specialties including vascular technology
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Completion of an AMA accredited ultrasound program (minimum one year in length) and an Associate Degree in a related health care field or credentials with the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers.
- Registry credentials with the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers in Abdomen, Breast, and Vascular registries within 24 months.
- Recent graduates from an AMA accredited program must be able to obtain Breast, Abdomen, and vascular registries within 24 months of date of hire.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Recent experience with Medical Sonographers in Breast.
- Two years recent experience in abdomen, OB/GYN and vascular sonography.
- Membership in a professional organization such as the Society of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers, Society of Vascular Technologists, or the American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine encouraged.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Diagnostic Imaging
Req ID: 144609