Providence is calling a Groundskeeper to Providence Alaska Medical Center in Anchorage, AK.
In this position you will:
- Assist in the inspection, maintenance and repair of the hospital grounds areas.
- Ensure that the grounds areas are kept in a safe, clean and attractive manner on a year round basis.
- Complete work activities and perform site inspections in a manner which allows safe access on campus for patients, visitors, physicians and staff
- Remove snow according to priorities and techniques specific to Providence.
- Prune, water, and provide lawn care for Providence campus.
- Perform general grounds maintenance, including sign installations, fence repair, gravel clean-up, parking striping, garage cleaning repair, and exterior lighting.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Must be able to understand instructions to complete work assignments.
- One year of grounds keeping experience.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Alaska Drivers License preferred at time of hire.
About Providence Alaska Medical Center
Providence Health & Services Alaska is among nation's best employers for healthy lifestyles! The National Business Group on Health, a non-profit association of large U.S. employers, has honored Providence Alaska for its commitment and dedication to promoting a healthy workplace and encouraging our caregivers (employees) and families to support and maintain healthy lifestyles. Mountain-Pacific Quality Health has awarded Providence Alaska Medical Center with its Quality Achievement Award for high-quality care in the areas of heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical infection prevention. This is the highest honor awarded by Mountain-Pacific.
As the state's largest hospital, Providence Alaska Medical Center provides full-service, comprehensive care to all Alaskans, a role unmatched by any other in the state. Within our community, you will find top notch ski resorts, kayaking, and wildlife. Enjoying the outdoors is just one of many reasons to live in and explore Alaska!
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Facilities / Engineering
Req ID: 146841