Providence is calling a Speech Language Pathologist to Providence Home Health Care in Anchorage, AK.
The Speech Language Pathologist will develop, coordinate and maintain Speech Language Pathology services in collaboration with physicians, primary partners, and patient/family.
In this position you will:
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate Speech Language Pathology services under the prescription of a physician licensed in the state of Alaska.
- Communicate with team members and outside agencies to identify patient needs, changes, overall condition of patient, and determine future levels of care.
- Contact vendors for durable medical equipment needs.
- Assist in coordinating discharge plan.
- Collaborate with other team members to plan and provide important aspects of care, in compliance with standards and guidelines established by the American Speech-Language Hearing Association.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Masters or Doctorate degree in Speech Language Pathology.
- Current license to practice Speech Pathology in the State of Alaska.
- CFY candidates will be considered, with commitment of continued employment after certification and full licensure.
- Valid Alaska driver's license.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Experience and credentials in sub-specialty.
About Providence Home Health
Providence Home Health is proud to be the oldest and largest home health in the state. We've built a reputation for high quality care and positive relationships with both our clients and their doctors. At Providence, it's our people who make the difference. In addition to our staff's knowledge, experience and professionalism, it's perhaps our friendly, caring manner you'll appreciate most. We love working with people – and it shows in the quality of care and attention you'll receive.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Speech Therapy
Req ID: 145119