Providence is calling a Clinical Support Technician I to Providence Alaska Medical Center in Anchorage, AK.
In this position you will:
- Collaborate with team members to coordinate unit activities and the flow of information between teams and other entities.
- Coordinate and facilitate movement of patients through work area.
- Provide technical support to the department by maintaining equipment, ordering supplies and stocking all areas that require equipment.
- Maintain a safe, hazard free and clean environment which facilitates quality patient focused care.
- Cross train within the division to support needs of other units within division.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Completion of a Medical Terminology course within ninety (90) days of hire
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Pharmacology course
- Satisfactory completion of Health Unit Coordinator training experience
- Certification by the National Association of Health Unit Coordinators
- Six (6) months experience in health care activities or institutional setting
About Providence Alaska Medical Center
Providence Health & Services Alaska is among nation's best employers for healthy lifestyles! The National Business Group on Health, a non-profit association of large U.S. employers, has honored Providence Alaska for its commitment and dedication to promoting a healthy workplace and encouraging our caregivers (employees) and families to support and maintain healthy lifestyles. Mountain-Pacific Quality Health has awarded Providence Alaska Medical Center with its Quality Achievement Award for high-quality care in the areas of heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical infection prevention. This is the highest honor awarded by Mountain-Pacific.
As the state's largest hospital, Providence Alaska Medical Center provides full-service, comprehensive care to all Alaskans, a role unmatched by any other in the state, and is a 356 bed hospital with 17 ORs including a hybrid OR, robotics, and open heart surgery. Within our community, you will find top notch ski resorts, kayaking, and wildlife. Enjoying the outdoors is just one of many reasons to live in and explore Alaska!
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Administrative Support (Clinical)
Req ID: 150477