Providence is calling a Primary Care Licensed Practical Nurse to the Aniak Cottage at Providence Extended Care in Anchorage, AK.
The Primary Care Nurse (PCN) works as a collaborative member of a cottage nursing team and provide/supervise resident care for a specific group of residents, to include administering medications/treatments, assisting with care/interventions, life engagement, supervision of team members, monitoring implementation of the care plan, and coordinating referrals to other members of the interdisciplinary healthcare team, families and physicians. The PCN promotes a resident directed care model in the cottage setting, utilizing every aspect of the environment/care model to promote quality of life and a sense of belonging.
This is an evening position.
In this position you will:
- Communicate closely with the resident and their family.
- Supervise overall resident care for a specific group of residents within scope of practice according to licensure.
- Administer medications and treatments and provide direct licensed nursing care for a specific group of residents on a given shift.
- Contact other members of the healthcare team as needed.
- Report to the C.N.A.s and gains a return report from the C.N.A.s during the shift.
- Collaborate with all other healthcare professionals as needed for service for appropriate residents.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Graduate of an accredited/approved school of nursing as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN.)
- Current license as a Practical Nurse in the State of Alaska.
- Proficiency in medication administration.
- Ability to clearly articulate and communicate ideas verbally and in writing.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Six (6) months nursing experience in a health care facility, acute care, long term care or rehabilitation center.
- Supervisor/leadership experience.
- Acquired skill or ability to become proficient in IV therapy within scope of practice according to licensure.
About Our Community
Providence Extended Care at the Cottages is located on a campus that includes eight cottages and a Commons Building. The Cottages are home to 96 residents. The Commons Building includes the facility reception area, Resident Bank, Gift Shop, Rehabilitation Therapies, Chapel, Supplies, Plant Services, Dietary, Support Services, Staff Development, Administration offices and Conference Rooms. The Cottages bear the names of Alaskan rivers and are arranged in alphabetical order along Compassion Circle.
Each cottage is a home that contains 12 private bedrooms/baths situated around a warm, inviting hearth and living area. An open kitchen allows residents and guests to enjoy the aromas and happenings of a kitchen, just like home. Each Cottage includes a Den along with a Spa and beauty/barber shop station. A patio off the dining area provides easy access to the outdoors and gardening opportunities. Large windows in the living area provide views for all to enjoy.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Long Term/Transitional Care Nursing
Req ID: 147784