Providence is calling a Registered Nurse to the Providence Early Assessment Team (PEAT) at Providence Alaska Medical Center in Anchorage, AK.
The Registered Nurse will be accountable for the delivery and supervision of safe, quality care that is individualized for their assigned patients and follows the nursing process in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act (assessment, planning implementation, evaluation).
In this position you will:
- Be responsible for the assessment, treatment and care of patients in populations and ages as assigned.
- Access, analyze, customize, coordinate and communicate the patient's plan of care and activities collaboratively with other members of the health care team. Families and or significant others will be included within the plan of care as appropriate.
- Direct, delegate and manage the care delivered by colleagues and subordinates.
- Perform all duties in a manner that respects and supports the family centered care model.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Nursing degree/diploma upon hire
- Bachelors of Nursing (BSN) or higher required within three (3) years, or 20 years of RN experience
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Alaska
- Two (2) years Registered Nurse experience in an adult intensive care setting in an acute care hospital
- Strong communication, critical thinking, and teaching skills
- Ability to orient to and work in the Adult Critical Care Unit at PAMC
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's Degree (BSN)
- Three (3) years of critical care experience as an Registered Nurse in Adult Critical Care
About the PEAT Team
The Providence Early Assessment RN is an integral part of patient care at Providence Alaska Medical Center. The PEAT RN provides support through the service of a critical care RN who mentors staff, assesses patients on a regular basis, facilitates nurse-patient communication, and supports transfers to adult critical care.
The PEAT Registered Nurse performs early interventions in non-critical care areas with the goal of avoiding further deterioration in patient status and preventing transfers to critical care or a Code Blue. They are also active in stroke assessment and instituting sepsis protocols.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Nursing - Other
Req ID: 149833